Wall Climbing Help

How Can i Make a wall Climbing system going from side to side like this
https://i.gyazo.com/ecaff3fb9efaccaf4b6300c4bad51554.mp4

Well I’m not the best scripter but I think you need to use raycasting? I have no idea how it would work but it looks me the most logic option

I know that is is apart but how should i do that climbing from on side to another as in the link

I have no idea I have only heard that you can detect things like walls and that’s stuff with raycasting (I just finished to learn datastoreservice so Don’t know much about raycasting)

ah its okay good luck learning to code

1 Like

Making a "Wall Climbing" System this kinda looks like it would maby fit (the solution)

1 Like

maybe try changing up the keybinds so you override walk when touching the wall and then you can apply a bodyvelocity or something when you touch the wall.

I’ve actually just recently thought of doing this. I haven’t experimented with it yet but my idea of doing it is raycasting to make sure the player is looking at a wall. If the player is close enough to the wall and looking at it then once the player jumps, anchor them in the air. Once the player is anchored you can then use userinputservice and body velocity to control the players movements.

Use variables to determine when to use the UserInputService and Body Velocity
I hope this was easy to understand if you have any questions, just ask.

1 Like

Actually if you anchor the character it would not move to person rather put the max velocity to like 10000 and the velocity to (0,0,0) it will stay in the same place if you do

1 Like

Yea instead you should set all the forces of the bodyvelocity to inf

Pretty much the same but yeah pur right

The max velocity should be

(inf,inf,inf)
from script you can do (math.huge,math.huge,math.huge)