Wall render system (Grid Build Mode)

Very good response, but I think slightly over-engineered :wink:

The info about placement is good, but I think the intersection tests and everything are sort of unnecessary, the video looks like it just keeps everything on a grid.

Hard to know what exactly OP is looking for though!

1 Like

Do you maybe know another way of doing it?

I know that this doesnt have the grid but I figured at least give you this. The past few days i’ve worked on a building system: Here it is if you want to check it out:
BuildModeDemo.obj (1.5 KB)

(You can fly by double jump also you place the first wall, then second and it then in a few seconds fills it in for you just like in the video)

2 Likes

Bro thats an obj file… Could you plz export it in rbxm?

1 Like

Bro plz, can you export it in rbxm or something else, thats not an object?

Here: Building System Demo (DevForum) - Roblox
You should have access to it let me know if you don’t

Here’s Something I made to test it:

Note that you can rotate the part by using r

Bro, why using auto fill? Im trying to check when a room is created, not making an auto fill… but thanks anyway

I will keep working on it to make it “stretch” just like in the video

Thanks, hope it goes well! :slight_smile:

When do you think it will be done? :thinking:

Another update bois same game link:

You have 2 options this time the “Auto Fill” or the “Stretching”! Hope Its good!

Made this with the new system:

Again bro, Im trying to make a room detection system… Not the entire build mode…

Whenever 3 walls, 4 walls, triangles etc is being connected to eachother, that means a room have been created…

@domboss37 is answering the question you asked in this thread.

You’re confusing this thread for your other thread, where you do ask about how to make a room:

Bro, im not trying to make a room, im trying to make a system, that checks whenever a type of “room” have been created, it could be any shape. A room is a room, when all the edges is closed, aka. enclosed…

I understand that. But that was in a different thread than the one we’re currently in.

If you no longer need this thread, which is asking:

Then close it!

1 Like

Thank you @nicemike40 for telling him that

1 Like

Anything new yet? :thinking: I cant wait…