Wall Stick Spawn Issues

Hello Developers,

I am using the Wall Stick by @EgoMoose in one of my games, Dizzy: A Confusing Obby. I am try to make it so when you spawn at the checkpoints, you are set and ready to start. Instead, you keep getting killed before the system detects you are there and starts spinning you as well.

Screenshots of the Issue

Spawning:

Getting instant killed because the system hasn’t locked you on yet:

How it’s supposed to function:

Thank you so much for helping! If you need any more info, please let me know!

Also not sure why it’s not functioning as intended…

wall stick has some issues …

1 Like

It’s not related to that, it usually works fine, but I am doing something unique, and it’s not working as expected.

I’m not sure if i understanded right but you can use Spawns and Teams to use as checkpoints, the player will be spawned right on here depending on the team(Level)

That’s not the issue. The issue is the system doesn’t move the player with the rotating obby because the player doesn’t instantly touch the rotating. If you play the game you will see the issue.

Quick Update: @EgoMoose Suggested manually setting up the character to match up on the spawn. Not sure how to do this, if someone could explain it or show me the API, that would be so helpful! :grinning:

if its a problem with the timing just make walkspeed 0 and godmode the player a couple second maybe a temp fix alzo obbys don’t need to kill u could tp on fail and do u meen cframing the player on spawn to the spawn point of so lemme know i knie how

fixed it for u assuming u work with checkpoints the script the teleport us to the checkpoint/stage just modify it that a player is anchored or walkspeed 0 for a second or so to give the server a chance to detect the player touching the angle so it moves with the rotating obby Interact server sided calc testing - Roblox made a small demo kinda like yours that fixes it or just use a code like this on the position the script teleport players to their stage/checkpoint

function PlayerSpawn(Player)
local player = game.Players:playerFromCharacter(Player)
if player ~= nil then
local ls = player.leaderstats
local sl = game.Workspace:FindFirstChild(ls.Stage.Value)
Player.HumanoidRootPart.Anchored = true
for i = 1,10 do
wait(0.001)
Player.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = sl.CFrame + Vector3.new(0,3,0)
end
Player.HumanoidRootPart.Anchored = false

end

end

function createStageNewPlayer(Player)
if Player.className == “Player” then
local leaderboard = Instance.new(“IntValue”)
leaderboard.Name = “leaderstats”
local leaderboardStage = Instance.new(“IntValue”)
leaderboardStage.Name = “Stage”
leaderboardStage.Value = 1
leaderboardStage.Parent = leaderboard
leaderboard.Parent = Player
end
end

game.Players.ChildAdded:connect(createStageNewPlayer)
game.Workspace.ChildAdded:connect(PlayerSpawn)

note jumping over objects doesn’t work like yours but that not the problem you had it the spawning this should fix it 1,10 u could tweak i felt it was a good cooldown to fix the debounce roblox has when spawning place is uncopy locked in case u wanna see how i did it

1 Like

I’m going to check it out now.

I’ll have to try it on my game, the example did not work as intended, but I’ll try.

make it 1,20 or so 1,10 is not enough time to respond
also how did u ignore walls to not apply it on if i do function GetGravityUp(self, oldGravityUp)
local PLAYERS = game:GetService(“Players”)

local IGNORE = game.Workspace.Ignore
local ignoreList = {}
for i, player in next, PLAYERS:GetPlayers() do
ignoreList[i] = player.Character
end
–section i added for parts
for i, parts in next, IGNORE:GetChildren() do
ignoreList[i] = IGNORE
end
if i do this my character starts glitching twiching around ?
https://gyazo.com/154f26ecba3ede7462b3dcdacecbd4d5
i need to ignore some part like u do

also for me it seems to work https://i.gyazo.com/363dbc7150dfd0c7817282f20f2e898e.mp4

The spawning works, however, the wall stick system does not work like it’s supposed to in the OG game. That’s why I’ll try it out a bit later. The spawning is great though!

When I get a chance, I’ll uncopylock my game so you can see what I mean. I am a bit busy right now, I’ll let you know.

1 Like

i got the ignoring parts to work :smiley:
inside the local script in starterplayerscripts add this:
its a folder containing all parts u want to ignore

and add this around line 28 (–ignore parts section) image
reason it dint work properly before was because i was doing it wrong

1 Like

Did you update you game? I can try it out.

I just joined, it does not move the character like the stick should.

no i meant the ignore part so u wont walk on some parts
https://gyazo.com/2a799c88bd71860f71e12e82bd3bcb78

Alright, I’ll try everything later and let you know!

Hey! Sadly it does not work, I just tried. I have uncopylocked the game so you can try and see why it does not work. I still would like this to be fixed!

change

local function getFloorAndNormal(self)
	if (tick() - self.LastTick < 0.3) then
		return
	end
	if (floor ~= self.Part) then
		return floor, lNormal
	end
end

in the LocalWallstick script to

local firstTime = true
local function getFloorAndNormal(self)
	if firstTime then
		firstTime = false
	elseif (tick() - self.LastTick < 0.3) then
		return
	end
	if (floor ~= self.Part) then
		return floor, lNormal
	end
end

which fixes the problem except for the very first time you spawn when you join the game (sometimes it still works), probably because the script doesn’t load quick enough when you first join

1 Like