Wall stick/Gravity Controller

Hey, did you find a way to enable and disable it that works well?

Thanks in advance for answering!

Could you elaborate? On what function do we use Destroy() and new() on?

Thanks!

So I got the controller to work in studio, but there has always been a problem with this controller that bugs me: you can do it on a slope like this:

What I want to achieve is so you can’t make that big of an angle transition, so you would have to change gravity like this:

The angle transition with the first image seems very jarring while the second image’s transition is smooth.

It’s in the local script in the example place. There is a function that handles enabling/disabling with a key press.

1 Like

I have no idea how this works as I added all the scripts to the game yet it doesn’t work at all, I probably just missed something but I have no idea what.

Hello, can anyone tell me how to make this with this module?

1 Like

You really just need to read the API & comments in order to understand what each function does. Once you do that, you should find a function for setting the gravity orientation.

Okay so basically i cannot find the function

I probably should have asked which module you were using first. Which module are you using?

Well i’ve searched on the toolbox “Gravity Controller Module”.
I only used the toolbox on this one because is a testing place

Anyways, when i searched that i clicked on the first model which was the only one that appeared

Well, I remember editing several different gravity controller modules as EgoMoose updated them. The one I’m currently talking about is the one using OOP. You should find a function for controller objects that says SetGravity.

function GravityControllerClass:SetGravity(gravity)
	self._gravityUp = gravity
	self._fallStart = self.HRP.Position:Dot(gravity)
end

The gravity variable is a Vector3 value for the up direction.

Seems like i found it, and i finally figured out how to do it, thanks!

1 Like

question, where is that main script called or located.

Hello,

It’s been to long for me to remember where it’s initially located, but I have the “Main” local script under game/StarterPlayer/StarterCharacterScripts. After opening the script the portion of code you’re looking for is under the “GetGravityUp” function.

If you can’t find the script on your project then go to the “Filter Workspace” bar at the top of the explorer and type in “Main”. If it doesn’t show up then you either didn’t download it, deleted it, or accidentally renamed it.

I was looking for it yet I couldn’t find the script. I would like to request a picture of the location so I can understand what it is and what its descendants.

I have a copy of the new camera one which I looked all over and it doesn’t have a “main”.

edit: I decided to use a plugin to add stuff to the tag list that egomoose setup.

Hiya! I love this module and i’m currently using it in a project. (Soon to be published. You are credited EgoMoose.)

I have one issue though. I need this to work with seats. As it is currently, you get stuck in them and it requires resetting which is rather undesirable for my future playerbase. Has any development come with seats in the last few years?

Edit: You can use a button to fire a remoteevent to force the player to sit, which instead of sitting, makes them jump out of the seat, effectively beating the sitting bug

Where/which example place? There’s only one localscript and that’s in the lighting section.

Is there a way to rotate the spawn? I tried CFrame and it didn’t work.

Something has changed with the camera code, to where I get this error repeatedly

06:26:03.708 RunService:fireRenderStepEarlyFunctions unexpected error while invoking callback: Players.SelDraken.PlayerScripts.PlayerModule.CameraModule.TransparencyController:170: attempt to perform arithmetic (mul) on number and nil - Studio
06:26:03.725 Players.SelDraken.PlayerScripts.PlayerModule.CameraModule.TransparencyController:170: attempt to perform arithmetic (mul) on number and nil - Client - TransparencyController:170
06:26:03.725 Stack Begin - Studio
06:26:03.725 Script ‘Players.SelDraken.PlayerScripts.PlayerModule.CameraModule.TransparencyController’, Line 170 - function Update - Studio - TransparencyController:170
06:26:03.725 Script ‘Players.SelDraken.PlayerScripts.PlayerScriptsLoader’, Line 218 - function Update - Studio - PlayerScriptsLoader:218
06:26:03.725 Script ‘Players.SelDraken.PlayerScripts.PlayerModule.CameraModule’, Line 163 - Studio - _CameraModule:163
06:26:03.725 Stack End - Studio

I think I fixed the issue, it appears the Update function takes a delta time now
So in PlayerScriptsLoader, I changed the following

added the ‘dt’ argument

2 Likes