Wall stick/Gravity Controller

Woah! This is actually really cool! I’ve honestly never seen something like this before. I absolutely love your work! Keep it up! :smiley:

10 Likes

Very cool. EgoMoose you are a cool dude.

7 Likes

This is really interesting… Probably a great idea!

8 Likes

This is so sick! Today I worked on an obby using the Gravity Controller. I think its so considerate of you to release your creations in open source. You are opening up the entire ROBLOX community to an entire new type of game! You can play my new obby here:

https://www.roblox.com/games/4617517651/PK-Gravity-Obby-New-Levels?refPageId=a8ca5609-fd7e-433d-9aee-499431dc7f54

I think this is the first Gravity Obby using the EgoMoose Gravity Controller, if it isnt please let me know. I plan to add more levels soon!

Edit: I am aware that the checkpoints are very glitchy and will fix them as soon as possible.
Edit 2: Checkpoints are fixed and they save now. Another side question, does editing a post bump a thread? I don’t want to annoy anyone.
Edit 3: Added 5 new levels to the game and hopefully fixed the hyperlink.
Edit 4: Okay I actually fixed the hyperlink.
Edit 5: Its been some time since my last edit! Version 1.9 has just come out and I do daily updates. If you come back, you will see a lot of changes!

13 Likes

That’s what we all say. And then…

Anyway, these seem awesome! I really need to make something cool with them this time. Thank you for this incredible resource!

10 Likes

Thank you! I am making now a space themed obby with your gravity controller!

7 Likes

I would love to see a Super Mario Galaxy inspired game. That would make my nostalgic young self burst. Someone do that.

9 Likes

This feature is soooo cool!!! Just imagine what type of obbies and games would come around with this! It would really suit a space related game or even more!
Pretty crazy and neat I must say…

9 Likes

Thanks for busting your time, and working on something really nice that none of us knew about. I kinda disliked your work a bit, but you’re not overrated nor underrated. Thank you for your contribution truly.

10 Likes

This is so brilliant! Thank you for open sourcing these! I have alot of ideas for it now!

8 Likes

This breaks everything I’ve known about Roblox for 7 years… and I LOVE IT!

If you don’t mind, I’d love to use this for projects of my own!

9 Likes

It’s impressive. Your games are the future of Roblox, keep up the good work.

9 Likes

You should include a license. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

When standing on the object or platform, the shadows don’t look natural.

10 Likes

How so? Just as an disabled script in the places?

11 Likes

That just because lighting is set to voxel iirc. Just set it to shadow map. It has nothing to do with the controller.

17 Likes

Awesome! I have always wanted one of these, is it client sided?

5 Likes

Well idk what to describe the wall stick controller as, but the gravity controller most definitely is, yes.

7 Likes

That’s probably the best way of handling it! Maybe referencing it in the place descriptions/this post too.

5 Likes

This is super super cool, I enjoy how smooth is it. Only issue (selfish one, I know) is that games like this often “encourage” people to take the code without understanding it (not sure if encourage was the right word but I think you guys understand what I mean)

4 Likes