We’re updating Heads!

Honestly, I wish they would just keep them separate, let the animated head users buy the animated versions, and let the people who don’t want to own an animated head buy a decal version.

5 Likes

I still wonder why they think that having 2 heads / faces that look the same in a different category is bad to them, I don’t see any issues with having 2 faces that look the same to each other.

2 Likes

Honestly if they’re gonna take all of them off sale soon they should put a banner in the marketplace confirming that “classic faces are going away soon” or something, so that players who don’t read the DevForum are kept informed and not that disrupted.

1 Like

Short answer: Yes

They want only 1 head to be on sale for some reason, so they remove the exact classic face and replacing it, which isn’t really ideal in my opinion.
(keep in mind this can break some games that edit the face decal)

What?!

I don’t get why they are making everything that used to be free not free anymore…

Edit:
Also, if you change the transparency of the head, this happens

8 Likes

I find this update to be very limiting in terms of expressiveness all over the platform. LET PEOPLE EXPRESS THEMSELVES ON BOTH WAYS!!! LEAVE BOTH TYPES OF FACES ON SALE!!!
You guys have already done this mistake before, by forcing stuff like Outlines in 2013 due to you wanting a “uinified style” by forcing what you guys thought was good.

Why not just leave both versions of the faces onsale? The fact that some compromises have to be done artistically makes some faces really off-putting to me. The regular faces were good and worked for so many years for one reason.

ALSO, I see nobody commenting about this. What will happen to historic faces like the ROBLOX Madness Face? You said that you would be converting every limited face into an animated head? How do you plan on remaking stuff like this without destroying the original branding of the face?

9 Likes

I hadn’t even thought of cases like ROBLOX Madness, where old Roblox branding is used instead of their current branding. I hope they don’t do what I would expect Roblox to do in this situation… that is to say…
Untitled156_20230730125714

5 Likes

That’s what most likely will happen, ROBLOX has been known to defile their history when they get the chance.

7 Likes

This is constructive criticism and talks about flaws in broad paragraphs with specific details. I pardon if this is not worth the time, but it sets out for what most of the community thinks and how it will affect the platform as a whole. This reply will somewhat be really controversial and is recommended when prepared to understand the internal context of the given message.

Read

I have extreme resent for this update as classic static faces that brings charms to the platform and community are being taken off-sale. They’re the iconic status of Roblox: being able to express oneself on avatars in a static manner for its time. To take them off is going to be beneficial for what? It is going to harm the individuality and distinction of Roblox itself as the platform mandates animated heads that should be voluntary. I am not speaking for only myself by the pronoun “I,” but I am speaking for most of us who disagrees with this force as Roblox listens to more on trendy corporate side.

There are more horrible side effects to this, e.g. discrimination to R6. When you force classic faces to be taken off sale, you are forcing animated heads on the new majority of players. For the new majority of players, they will often come around R6 games. Animated heads cannot express in R6 games as the heads only express pre-animated 3D face. This will make R6 games rendered as deprecated when developers put efforts only for players to not being able to express their avatar in the game. We will have to make an in-game customization. This is huge profits loss for the platform and it wastes the developers’ time to be doing on other things instead.

In addition, to various remaining factors upon removing classic faces. What about limited classic faces? They can be resold, but they will not be produced anymore when Roblox takes down all of the classic faces that has welcomed both old and new players into the community. Where do they go as the aftermath of removing classic faces? Are they just there for nothing? They still can be resold, so classic faces should remain as a section, not only section but a whole library of both limited and non-limited on-sale classic faces.

In addition, citing

My social circle’s expression, and the community’s voice

This serves as detailed statements of what we think. I and my friends has been trying to get some classic faces recently and we ran into troubles as some faces we want got taken off sale and replaced with animated heads due to that. One of my friend has also sent a post on Twitter tagging Roblox showing contempt for the team that thought this was a good idea to take away the player’s freedom and ability to express themself and called it (insult ahead) “pure corporate BS.” What good does this new forcing update will bring to this platform besides the grieving of old players who leans to nostalgia or those who seeks meaningful static expressions instead of animated heads? As many replies here, we do not care about animated heads, it is not our problem. The problem is the classic faces that has attracted players and built the player base and profit for Roblox over the years being removed from the platform and overtaken by terribly executed ideas and too-minimalist animated heads.

Listen to your community, we say this over and over, but it does not reach the company.

Thank you very much, and I hope this is conveyed to the staff in the most passive, polite, non-hostile, and respecting manners as it could get. I hope you take these key details into consideration, we begged.

9 Likes

This is going to ruin part of my game lol, will be sure to disable this.

4 Likes

if you even can of course (comon roblox 29+1 characters?)

The idea is to make that facial expression more natural.

either way, do we want to see it blink…

2 Likes

If what Bloxy News posted was true, I don’t understand why you didn’t say that from the get-go. Why not just specifically tell us you’re putting classic faces off-sale in favor of bundling them. Now there’s 1000 posts of vitriol because you guys can’t seem to communicate properly, if at all.

On top of that, from everything else I’ve seen here, I’m still not satisfied with this update considering classic faces could’ve been used for ANY head shape and they didn’t cost as much, if at all, versus their dynamic counterpart. Not to mention we’ll have a face that’ll only stick to a certain headshape if we go classic (correct me if I’m wrong) until THAT PART of this update finishes out, and THEN we have to wait for the accessory positioning.

If you’re gonna ship out an update, why not make your intentions fully clear and why not have the update prepared properly instead of batches and promises? Why make the faces go off-sale but not have the possible face toggle given to us so we don’t lose out?

11 Likes

Bloxy News is apparently referencing a 2021 concept video that has no relation to or bearing on the current state of the update.

1 Like

Amazing. So no change whatsoever, nor any official reply to our feedback on their ignorant comment earlier.

What else to expect from this corporation.

6 Likes

Ain’t anything new. They did this with sets and gears, now faces. Roblox has shown repeatedly that they will not acknowledge user feedback unless it gets them bad PR.

3 Likes

I think that, at the very least, developers should have the option to easily switch out the faces of the people playing their game for their classic counterpart, without there being a lot of coding required. A lot of games simply don’t work otherwise.

1 Like

honestly why haven’t people on roblox unionised yet. they would have actual ways to stop these idiotic changes from happening

Cuz they’re a billion dollar corporation. They could take a hit to an extent when it comes to sales, but they don’t like a bad public image. However, even with bad PR, they’ll feed the news for a bit then slink back into the habit they’ve grown accustomed to.

Roblox is the opposite of Steam- it is not a platform for gamers by gamers; it hasn’t been for years now. Roblox is so out-of-touch with its userbase that it’s pathetic. We are not the consumer nor customer to them.

3 Likes