We’re updating Heads!

This seems cool on paper but in action this might not be the best idea and could make the ugly rthro situation worse

78 Likes

I enjoy a new idea as much as the next person but Roblox has a tendency to complete replace a completely fine and loved feature in order to make way for these new ideas which I’m sure have not even been polled to see which one users would prefer. Innovation is great but I don’t think removing/replacing what already makes the site special is the direction to go.

78 Likes

is this the same reason to why so many of the most recognizable faces on Roblox have been taken off sale?

66 Likes

It’s funny how you guys say “Powering Imagination” but at the same time take away the faces that people actually wear. I’m guessing all the faces will go off-sale like the recent ones?

118 Likes

I don’t understand why anyone would want this feature. Seems like it is just going to bog down performance. And hey, what’s up with removing several classic heads?

77 Likes

Whoever approved the god damn idea to take the old heads offsale is insane. I really hope your stock drops below $20.

122 Likes

This is officially the downfall of Roblox. RUN!!!
No. You can’t force people’s faces. You say “be anything you want” but now its "oh hey we remove your good tai verdes grin face.

This happened to one of my workers and the co-founder of my studio.

You’ve been trying to remove R6 and remove your history. Let us be what we actually want. You can’t just force people to wear a head. You just chopped down a CHUNK of history.

130 Likes

I think dynamic heads are lacking the degree of customization that the original classic faces had. However being able to assign moods to faces to give them unique expressions is a great feature, and having faces feel alive with movement is also kind of nice but everything else about dynamic heads falls flat.

No head customization

A large part of what makes classic faces so customizable is being able to use any face on any head you want, if I wanted to use my chill face on the perfection head for example, I’d be able to do it but with the dynamic heads each unique face is stuck to a single head which severly undercuts the degree of customizability users have with dynamic heads, I want to be able to wear a dynamic epic face on a dynamic perfection head not have a dynamic epic face stuck on the default head.

Dynamic Heads aren’t the exact same as classic heads

A large majority of Roblox and UGC items are positioned around the classic heads and faces but dynamic heads, however due to the changes to the heads a lot of accessories feel out of place. For example the classic head has a positioning on the body like this
However the dynamic head is raised up slightly which completely changes the look and feel of the head compared to the original. Not only that the smile is raised higher then the look of the classic

If Roblox is going to completely cut support for the classic heads and faces in favor of dynamic then they have to insure that the transition is perfectly smooth and dynamic faces look basically the exact same as their classic counterparts. Otherwise Roblox is removing the timeless look and customization of the classic faces to push a new feature that doesn’t look nearly as good as the original.

156 Likes

Great, who the hell approved this now?
Probably one of the worst changes of 2023.

Man now I’m losing even more hope in the future of roblox, well, I guess the saying is true, all good things must come to an end.

111 Likes

i think that so like we have the option for r6 and r15.
that is the way i thin this should be done and have it be classic heads and animated heads.

47 Likes

Aside from the fact these faces are being taken off-sale before the dynamic counter-part is finished, i really do not mind this update at all. It’s a decent enough middle-ground with the benefit of finally having higher-definition versions of these faces, and generally having facial-rigging tech optimized for lower-end devices which is the more exciting part for me.

40 Likes

Now that’s a new LEVEL of sad lmao. Drop that stock, roblox wants to kill their platform so kill the stock too.

76 Likes

Even though I didn’t read most of your post, it’s gonna cause lots of lag.

50 Likes

I mean really do you have to remove all other faces? Likes sure add dynamic heads but at least let us keep the others.

66 Likes

Be honest @Roblox, you want to remove R6. We get it, stop forcing R15 on us.

110 Likes

Was it really necessary to force offsale some of the best faces ever made like Freckles to replace it with a fundamentally different looking face forcing a particular head shape that doesn’t fit with some outfits? Please for the love of all that is holy revert this. I hate the look of dynamic heads on most outfits, and some of the faces don’t even have equivalents yet. Dynamic heads are a pretty unnecessary thing for normal heads anyway.

Please resell the classic faces. Only a small amount of people were negatively reacting to the initial announcement, before you forced it on old accounts without their knowledge and now are making items inaccessible for seemingly no reason. The dynamic heads, if they’re a good feature, should be able to stand on their own without Roblox forcing us to use them. As it is now they are now a symbol of Roblox restricting people’s options.

93 Likes

That’s not how the NYSE works, plus that would be highly illegal i’m pretty sure.

35 Likes

dAMNo

In all seriousness though, Please, and I cannot stress this enough; do not force us to use your buggy dynamic faces over the classic faces. This should really be optional and not forced brah :broken_heart:

105 Likes

The backlash won’t make them do it. It’s roblox, what do you expect?

50 Likes

Literally could not have said it better.

42 Likes