We’re updating Heads!

the absolute state of this thread

no doubt brigaded by communities of whichever youtubers are complaining about this
empty threats of leaving to other platforms
people complaining about the “desecration” of some “classic era” they werent present for

all for an optional feature that they dont understand in the first place

Good bait, needs a little more flair though.

Again, faces being taken offsale in favor of dynamic heads is, quite literally, desecrating the classic R6 look, with no OFFICIAL way of gaining them back.

And it’s been explained not only once, but at least three times here and in a separate feedback thread somewhere in this forum, so I don’t know where you’re getting both the ‘optional’ part nor the ‘don’t understand’ part of your comment from.

7 Likes

People in this post can read, in f as t everyone’s mad that they’re taking the classic faces offsale and they’re selling the dinamic ones at a higher price (like free = 120 Robux)

1 Like

This is an awful change. The old faces were perfectly fine and these new “dynamic heads” look honestly terrifying. At least bring back the classic faces alongside the new ones since you say you want users to be able to express themselves more and most peoples’ definitions of expressing themselves don’t include looking like a literal demon.

1 Like

Exactly, but the problem is that they cost more now, I don’t think anybody would be against that idea (at least, I wouldn’t) but if the face was free and you have to pay 120 Robux to get it nooooooo I won’t thanks

Plus games that edit decals on faces will be broken, so I don’t know how to fix that

the “classic faces” and “classic heads” tabs in the avatar editor look very official and very optional to me

this is simply universal tooling for developers wanting to use facial capture

This is my opinion.
I believe this idea is great, love to see the platform advance more and more, but for someone who maybe does not posses a webcam they wont be able to get the full experience in motion faces.
I’m starting to think they’re trying to push the blocky avatars into new avatars, Like I said I like the idea but I want to be able to still have classic faces, I think they should keep the Classic faces and stay offsale, but instead of updating them into the new heads they should make a duplicate for the faces like an option were you can turn on new face or classic face. Just a thought.

Decal faces have performed greatly and made Roblox what it is. But I agree that it’s time to upgrade heads. The faces are in early development stages and aren’t appealing. I hope that they will be improved and that people will eventually grow to enjoy them, as it’s a fundamental step in keeping up with the newest technology and making Roblox better overall.

I know dynamic heads can be good, but why take the classic ones off-sale? Why force people to use dynamic heads?

1 Like

Atleast make some classic faces on sale again instead of making all of them off sale

Not really optional if normal heads and faces are being taken offsale though, is it?

3 Likes

This update coexists with classic faces

• This update is coexisting with classic faces.
  • You will still be able to obtain classic faces.

Can I get my original head shape back?

• Yes. If you had a classic head equipped and you want to revert back to it, your original head is still in your inventory under Classic Head. In the future, we will be providing a new way for all your animated heads to match the classic shapes.

Roblox is simply adding more facial customization, not removing anything. There are a lot of rumors on how they are trying to get rid of classic faces. This isn’t true.

1 Like

I have heard some people say this is misinformation, others have said this is true, I am so confused. But it honestly does make kinda sense that they’re merging the classic and the dynamic faces together. Especially considering how this video lines up with what they said about accessory adjustment.

This is good to see considering I thought they would just update the classic faces into the new ones.

This is false and based on a demo video from 2021 which no longer carries any relevance.

4 Likes

So if I have a limited classic face and they give me the animated one, will both be limited? If I sell a limited one, will the other variation go away too? Will the classic faces stop being limited when the new faces do it?

Also, can you please make the animated faces in R6 at least render the Eyebrows? Because they look super weird without them

Finally, what happens with the faces that are out of sale or exclusive? Like the Epic Face or those of the toys

It’s obvious this is a ploy to sunset R6 and swipe money from users. They could easily let dynamic heads and classic faces co-exist, but noooo! that is too difficult! Sorry guys we are going to have to take down all of these iconic faces and resell crappier versions for 10x the original price, just the ways she goes!

On the off-chance this isn’t a ploy to sunset R6 then it just shows how dumb the ROBLOX “CORPORATION” is!

5 Likes

Roblox has been pro-R15 since its debut and left R6 in the dust. I doubt they will bring these new features to the legacy body rig.

Rthro is just R15 but with extra scaling options.

2 Likes

Currently it seems that Roblox is more “Pro-RTHRO” than pro Blocky

1 Like

I always thought Bloxy News was a rather trustable source, so it’s weird that they would post false information.

2 Likes