We need more groups for other types of developers

composers are not niche, google before posting

1 Like

However, on Roblox, they are. We do not have a lot of them, and it’s very specific. We are talking in terms of game development.

most games do actually have sounds, the problem is that low-quality games prefer free stuff instead of paying actual composer to make them sounds

3 Likes

Might just be me but doesn’t #help-and-feedback:game-design-support encompass all of these ‘niche’ game designing categories.

We are not talking about #help-and-feedback, we are talking about Groups, like the roles near your name.

@Legoracer | This is exactly my point. I am talking in terms of Roblox, not other platforms.

The concept still applies. Just use the Game Designer tag

I disagree. To put that Terrain Artists, one of the most crucial elements in Roblox game development, should fit under Game Designer is a bad idea.

Difference is composers can’t be encompassed in other role, while terrain artists can (builders).
Builders by definition should be people who “build” your world, doesn’t matter if they use terrain or parts to do so.

I’m not going to continue this argument as it’s getting off topic. Feel free to send me a DM if you want.

I think this is called a Builder. I remember there being a tag for that too. In all the games I’ve made and hired people to work on, anyone who was listed for making terrain was hired on as builder.

My point is that these should be separated. Terrain Art is a big enough category to be separate. If we can separate Artists from Clothing Designers, we can separate these two.

Translators and Testers aren’t developers and shouldn’t have a title on the Developer forum.

@FxllenCode @ReturnedTrue

1 Like

This is completely arguable. Translating your game is an important part of the development process, as is QA Testing. No front-page games aren’t localized. It’s also likely most of them hired testers at some point.

Why do we need QA testers? If you want feedback on a game, cant you just post on #help-and-feedback:cool-creations and get feedback. Commonly, users would play it anyways to give feedback, so QA testers would just kinda pointless?

Read the above please:

It’s a valid role. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think you can get into any group except the granted ones, without having much knowledge, skills, or experience. So my point isn’t addressed.

I agree that Tester’s can be a valid role, but I can imagine users writing [NEED 50 TESTERS] on a thread, but ideally anyone should be able to give feedback without being labelled. Groups don’t require experience or skills, but if it can be helpful for a lot of users, then I would want this to go ahead.

1 Like

How is “terrain artist” substantially different from “builder”? It seems like Builder should cover this.

I like to think of building and modeling together to cover all sorts of environmental creation skills, the difference being where the workflow happens. (Studio vs Blender/other)

3 Likes

Not sure I can agree. When building, your using parts in studio and putting them together to make buildings and other types of builds. When it comes to Terrain, your using a totally separate type of tools. Instead of building with parts, your almost drawing with the Terrain tools.

Terrain artist just sounds like building to me, however QA Testing can be good, but it would be not feasible on here. They could just ask for feedback for the game, and people can just spot bugs.

Yes I agree, testing isn’t technically developing, developing is just making progress in games, if you wanted to test someone else’s game then you were not developing. Yes, it does matter because the tester could easily say they tested it and they did say they helped the game by testing only.