Weird Blender import glitch

I tried importing a palm tree leaf from blender into roblox studio(I also recalcualted the inside and outside) and the leaf becomes invisible when you look at it from a certain angle. Does anybody know how to fix this?

https://gyazo.com/4ad5c43e7cd1632c0b0ac0f4b2925f8a

2 Likes

go to blender ----> open that file -----> go to viewport overlays -----> turn on face orientation -----> select the red faces -----> open edit mode ------> you’ll see a button that says mesh ----> click it —> you’ll see a another option saying “Normals” ----> click it ----> then the first thing you’ll see is “Flip” —> click it.

now your done. :slightly_smiling_face:

signed,
X

2 Likes

Sorry, but where do I find viewport overlays?

oh sorry.

90f32b45b43ea26f4af7f2cf423b49fe

1 Like

I did it, but I got the same result. Did I do something wrong?

https://gyazo.com/f45402fb54348c3290adafb5c0283fdf

This is what it looked like in Blender after I did it: image

can I see both sides?

signed,
X

Here you go: image

Select all and Shift +N to recalculate normals

How Do I solidfy the plane though?

sorry for not replying you didn’t reply to me.

modifiers
then
lastely

Thank you so much, solidifying it worked!

Anyways, and forgot to clarify, solidify adds a lot of triangles and is really bad for performance, check Aotrou’s post here:

1 Like

@mutrix why would you continue suggesting the Solidify mod when you clearly have seen my post about why it’s bad, and then have the audacity to link to my post of why it’s bad, without fixing your previous posts? Stop doing that, it confuses people.

@DankMeme_emeMknaD, just follow the link to my post that Mutrix provided above. It’ll fix your issue without causing more problems.

1 Like

An easier way to do it instead of using solidify modifier on something like that would be just extruding everything. Click e and move your mouse.

This has the same destructive problems as Solidify, why would you suggest this as an alternative after my last post?

How else would you suggest doing it then? I don’t believe there is a way to do double sided normals.

Edit: Just saw your post and suggestion, my bad.