Weird character movements when standing on moving & rotating platform

Hey guys! I’m trying to make a platform move & rotate (I’m using BodyPosition and BodyGyro). However, when I stand on it, my character randomly moves around. How would I fix this?

As you can see in the GIF, my character is moving around although I’m not pressing any keys.

4 Likes

The character is being moved around as they go with the platform, or slide slightly as it tilts. This is detected as movement, so the walking animation plays. Can’t do much about that, maybe remake the animation script, although I could be wrong.

But does that really matter? You’re not actually walking anywhere, just sliding as the thing tilts.

edit: I misunderstood the question as being about the walking animation.

1 Like

Yea it really matters because I’m gonna be doing this for boats and I want the players to be able to walk around as it moves. Also I’m pretty sure it does actually move you slightly, which is kinda annoying even if I made the animation not play. I need to figure out how to make the players stay with the platform and be able to walk around freely at the same time.

1 Like

You may want to look into this

3 Likes

Alright, I’ll try out that method. Thanks!

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought that you were just talking about the walking animation.

So, I finally got around to testing out that method and unfortunately it didn’t work for me :confused:

Unlike the trains in Jailbreak, my platform rotates on multiple axes. So rotating the humanoid root part along with it doesn’t work because the root part always tends to stand up straight. The only solution I currently have in mind is welding the player to the platform, but I feel like that’s going to get super messy (especially when still trying to allow the player to jump and get off freely).

Is there any other way to go about solving this?

I was able to fix it by just having a BodyVelocity inside of the HumanoidRootPart with Velocity set to 0 and MaxForce set to 0. Weird fix but ok lmao

2 Likes