Weird Error Message

In my script it has this error message:image

There is clearly a ProximityPrompt inside of the part:

I didn’t type in “ProximityPrompt”, I used the drop down menu to automatically finish what I was typing. The drop down menu had ProximityPrompt in it.

Try using Prompt = script.Parent:WaitForChild(“ProximityPrompt”)

If this doesn’t work then run the game and send a image of where proximity prompt is while the game is running as something might have caused it to move.

The other option would be to make the prompt within the script like so:

local Prompt = instance.new("PartType")
Prompt.Name = "ProximityPrompt"
-- Add other properties
1 Like

I know I can use this, but I have just never had this error before and I’m curious what it is.

Sometimes when loading a game aspects of the game take longer to appear than others, for instance, if I was to press run and try to get the character at the very start of a script, there is a high likelihood that it wont find it.

The same goes for some instances within the game. Your see what I mean if you load into a big game, you will see that things like GUIs are slower to appear.

@minimic2002 No but even in the script tab it is erroring before the game even starts. @NeonTaco135 Try remaining the proximity prompter’s and referencing it with the new name.

I get that, but I’m not running the game. It just says that when I’m just scripting.
This doesn’t happen in any other scripts either.

Its trying to get a property called proximity prompt i think.

This is the whole script:

local car = script.Parent.Parent.Car:Clone()
car.Parent = nil
script.Parent.Parent.Car:Destroy()

local Prompt = script.Parent.ProximityPrompt

while true do 
	wait(3)
	local n = script.Parent.Parent:FindFirstChild("Car") == nil
	if n then
		if (n ~= true) then
			script.Parent.Parent.Car.Parent = game.Workspace
		end
		local c = car:Clone()
		c.Parent = script.Parent.Parent
		c:makeJoints()
	end
end

Try renaming the proximity prompt something other than proximity prompt.

I don’t think this is the case because it doesn’t happen in any other scripts I have that use proximity prompts.

ProximityPrompt seems to be causing a lot of trouble in roblox right now. I saw this other DevForum where they had the same problem.

The Triggered Signal wasn’t working there.

I still get the same error:

Maybe try this:

local Prompt = script.Parent:FindFirstChild("Prompt")

I know that, I just want to know what this error is.

From the color of the prompt text in the script the script is thinking that it is a property of the part.

I don’t think it thinks it’s a property:

Yeah it’s probably just a bug.

It’s just a highlighting error.