Weird Mesh Lighting Issue

This is pretty funny, but i did a complete remesh and somehow it still does the same thing?,

This is a bit odd now. For me, using such modifiers fixes this bug if it happens… Does this happen still if you disable GlobalShadows in lighting with the original mesh because this remeshed mesh looks uhhh… really bad…

well yes it still happens after i disable global shadows, indeed pretty odd

im just trying to test if remesh works, it wont actually be the remeshed version

IM NOT MAKING THIS UP

A CUBE

I- don’t feel like that’s a cure, it still seems to be quite odd with random white parts everywhere.

Oh alright.

I found one possible solution here:

sadly already tried that, doesnt work, this is pretty sad,
roblox default parts work perfectly fine, but not a standard blender cube

What lighting settings are you even using!? Does that mesh work on a different place with nothing added?

seems to be a thing with voxel lighting, danggg that sucks so much, i still dont understand why a part of the same shape works, but not a mesh

So that worked?

This is usually because a mesh and a part do not share the same topology data.

Here I’ll show you:

In view both these cubes look the same:

But one is a part and one isn’t.

If we view both cubes topology you will see that

the part on the right is a part imported into blender and it has triangles and has it’s faces seperated from one another at sharp corners as well. Maybe try triangulating everything? Triangles are still considered as good topology but most people prefer quads as they are easier to understand and give much smoother visuals.

sadly this doesnt work either

alright so i got my answer now, suddenly its happening to parts too

REMOVING THE HUMANOID FIXES THE PROBLEM, BUT THE SUIT NEEDS A HUMANOID IN IT

I literally can’t replicate this behaviour:

I start to feel like that this could be either due to your Graphics Mode. What do you have it set to? It should be “Vulkan” if you have a good computer.

Except when I set my lighting to compatibility and voxel. Maybe it’s them? Just don’t use the 2, they aren’t even that good. Use shadowmap.

youre using shadowmap, im using voxel, my game needs voxel to run smoothly,

however with the normal clothing in my game this shadow effect doesnt happen

I don’t think there is a fix for this then, you would have to use shadowmap atleast if you don’t want that issue to occur, maybe try optimizing your game? Orrr just using default clothing all the time.

Could you put the part outside the humanoid, weld it to the player when they spawn, then use a script to destroy it if the character ever dies.

well that didnt fix the problem but i found what the problem is

I found what the problem is, its complicated, if I were to put the mesh inside of the humanoid the effect wouldnt happen right? however it does under one condition, if theres a surface appearance in the mesh and the alpha mode is transparency. which is a problem with the engine

Hmm, that’s a new bug. I suppose contact @Bug-Support and ask them to issue this report.

Though, I doubt it’s a bug rather than a feature as it only occurs in lower quality lighting modes and they would also suggest to just use ShadowMqp technology.

If your game lags then you can convert most things to a mesh, fix streaming enabled or make a loader/unloader script.