WeldConstraint not working with TweenService?

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
  • I want to interpolate multiple objects using TweenService and WeldConstraint.
  1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
  • I have several unanchored cubes welded to a sphere using Weld Constraint, but when I interpolate the sphere, the cubes don’t move with it. Only the sphere moves. I had already tried something similar in the past (with a model of a door made with many parts), and it worked perfectly. However, now it seems to be buggy.
  1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
  • I checked that the Part0 and Part1 properties of each WeldConstraint have the correct value. I also made sure that the sphere is the only anchored part. I searched the Developer Hub, but didn’t find the solution.

Sorry if I made mistakes when writing, I speak Spanish and I post here because the sources of information in my language are currently limited

3 Likes

Have you tried tweening the CFrame of the main object? I have no idea why this happens but, when you tween the position of the main object, it doesn’t move the other parts welded with it.

3 Likes

They also work in TweenService, you can try it yourself.

1 Like

this is not true, I am able to tween multiple parts together that are welded.

yeah thats what i was about to say.

1 Like

I just tried what you said and it worked. I’ll keep that in mind from now on. Thank you very much :grinning:

No problem. I also had that problem before and I spent so long trying to figure out what went wrong. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

This shouldn’t be the case if the parts are welded together and the welds are active since a weld holds a part’s position relative to what it’s being attached to. Position only moving one part rather than a full assembly is typically only a problem when the entire assembly is anchored.

Been a while since I’ve tinkered with active assemblies so I may be spotty on this.

1 Like