WeldConstraints acting weird when used on a player

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)

Line the characters up so the animations can play smoothly together

• What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)

The Player goes through the canvas when being CFramed away from another spot (SetPrimaryPartCFrame & a CFrame Value), the issue only seems to exist when there’s a player & a WeldConstraint involved.

This only started to occur around 2-3 days ago.

Player on Bot

Bot on Bot

• What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)

I’ve tried anchoring both Roots, Unanchoring both roots, not using a WeldConstraint and just anchoring the root, and none of these have worked.

Everything was fine less than a week ago so I’m not entirely sure what the issue is.

1 Like

Have you tried reversing the Part0 and Part1 of the constraint? It looks like the Player’s movement controller is fighting for priority with the Weld.

I have, same issue still persisted

Also, I forgot to mention the player gets welded to the ring mat, which is anchored

Roblox did something to welds recently, I woke up this morning to a bunch of tweets saying that my game was broken due to welds not behaving properly.
(My games been fully functioning since July)

2 Likes

Yeah this is probably what’s happening because this randomly started happening yesterday, if it is I hope it’s resolved soon.

Perhaps it has something to do with new weld behaviour? Around last week, new weld behaviour was set in and this is intended to be permanent. To test out: try changing the JointBehaviour in the Workspace to LegacyImplicit and confirm back that your script behaves like it originally did.

See the following thread:

2 Likes

changed it to implicit and the issue still exists

1 Like

This is an unrelated side question but how come I see ads on your GIF’s? Is this a devforum thing, this is the first time I’ve seen an ad on this site.

it might be the website I used to link the gif, I wasn’t aware it had an ad on it due to my ad blockers

This is probably related to a recent change to how welds to anchored parts behave:

We now honor welds connected to anchored parts where we didn’t before.

I would expect anchoring HumanoidRootPart to work though, locking the humanoid in place while still allowing the humanoid to be moved around. Otherwise you will have to disable, move and reenable the WeldConstraint to move the character.

1 Like

Doing this didn’t work either, I’ve also noticed the characters now move out of place if they come in contact with another object now.

I’m probably just going to end up reverting the system back to using Motor6D joints