Welds not working with tween

https://gyazo.com/39f9fd142915bfaa2316cafa0634ffc2
I can’t figure out why the welds aren’t working. I made them with the Motor6D plugin. The only part that is anchored is the Root Part - that’s the part that all the parts of the door are welded to. Any help is appreciated

3 Likes

Have you tried using regular weld constraints? From the look of the video the other parts don’t contain a weld?

1 Like

Yes - everything except the tween part (the destination for the root) - and the other parts don’t need a weld…? It doesn’t matter where the weld is. All the weld instances are stored in the Root Partimage

1 Like

Use WeldConstraints, not welds.

2 Likes

Any plugins to do that automatically? Motor6D has always been my goto plugin, but it only has welds. I’ve used this method on many other tweens with the exact same layout…

1 Like

Just do it manually, it wouldn’t take more than 2 minutes.

1 Like

Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 17.45.10

1 Like

But my problem with that is that sometimes I make massive tween projects… It would take upwards an hour to do it in some cases, I’m just confused why it won’t work now but it worked earlier.

1 Like

WeldConstraints are far superior in almost every way. It literally took me 2 clicks to do this.

1 Like

But like I said previously, that won’t be the case in bigger projects. Heck, this might be a good time for me to learn how to make plugins lol

1 Like

You could integrate it into your scripts. I’m sure you already understand anything in this article, but it’s a useful resource anyway.

1 Like

Just tried weld constraints, they didn’t work

1 Like

Can I see your tween script?
(30 Chars)

1 Like

That method is inefficient. Everybody is switching over to the root part method, it takes MUCH shorter amount of time and is way simpler.

1 Like
local TweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")

local info = TweenInfo.new(8, Enum.EasingStyle.Elastic)

local leftDoor = script.Parent.Left.Root

local rightDoor = script.Parent.Right.Root

local leftGoal = {Position = Vector3.new(script.Parent.Left.TweenTo.Position.X, script.Parent.Left.TweenTo.Position.Y, script.Parent.Left.TweenTo.Position.Z), Orientation = Vector3.new(script.Parent.Left.TweenTo.Orientation.X, script.Parent.Left.TweenTo.Orientation.Y, script.Parent.Left.TweenTo.Orientation.Z)}

local rightGoal = {Position = Vector3.new(script.Parent.Right.TweenTo.Position.X, script.Parent.Right.TweenTo.Position.Y, script.Parent.Right.TweenTo.Position.Z), Orientation = Vector3.new(script.Parent.Right.TweenTo.Orientation.X, script.Parent.Right.TweenTo.Orientation.Y, script.Parent.Right.TweenTo.Orientation.Z)}

local leftOriginal = {Position = Vector3.new(script.Parent.Left.Root.Position.X, script.Parent.Left.Root.Position.Y, script.Parent.Left.Root.Position.Z), Orientation = Vector3.new(script.Parent.Left.Root.Orientation.X, script.Parent.Left.Root.Orientation.Y, script.Parent.Left.Root.Orientation.Z)}

local rightOriginal = {Position = Vector3.new(script.Parent.Right.Root.Position.X, script.Parent.Right.Root.Position.Y, script.Parent.Right.Root.Position.Z), Orientation = Vector3.new(script.Parent.Right.Root.Orientation.X, script.Parent.Right.Root.Orientation.Y, script.Parent.Right.Root.Orientation.Z)}

local leftTween = TweenService:Create(leftDoor, info, leftGoal)

local rightTween = TweenService:Create(rightDoor, info, rightGoal)

local leftTween2 = TweenService:Create(leftDoor, info, leftOriginal)

local rightTween2 = TweenService:Create(rightDoor, info, rightOriginal)

wait(10)

leftTween:Play()

rightTween:Play()

wait(15)

leftTween2:Play()

rightTween2:Play()
1 Like

Seems like it should work to me. I understand there are easier ways of doing things, but when those don’t work it’s not necessarily a bad idea to fall back on script weld constraints.

1 Like

Yeah. I’ll try that and tell you how it goes.

2 Likes

By the way, make sure the welded parts are CanCollide off

PEOPLE WHO SEARCH FOR HOURS AND FIND NO ANSWER ----->
The welded parts have to BE UNANCHORED