What am I doing wrong when scaling via AutoScale Lite?

I’ve been using AutoScale Lite and it has been a godwink, however, when it comes to plain Frames and ImageLabels, it simply does not do the trick when sizing for mobile and tablet users.

On PC (How it should be scaled!)

On mobile, specifically iPhone 4 perspective. A jumbled mess.

I have tried hitting the offset and scale options, setting a UIAspectRatioRestraint and such, but still no luck. I am lost and frustrated. Thank you.

Have you tried to do this without using the plugin? And searching the forum for posts about scaling across different devices?

Unfortunately, I am not very good at scaling manually (that is why I use the plugin.)

Lack of experience is the reason why I use AutoScale so it is unfortunate to see this happening.

1 Like

Its not difficult… just use the Scale values (not the Offset values) under Size or Position, on each axis.

Scale values are between 0 and 1… so if you set the Size>X>Scale value to 0.5 then it will keep half the size of its parent on the X axis (horizontal axis).

Edit: let me see if there is a community tutorial for you to follow, because the plugin will limit your ability later on so best to learn it now.

Re-edit: here u go:

I appreciate your kindness. I’ll do my best to learn how to scale manually.

1 Like

I will add tutorial one sec…i will re-edit my previous post and u can try that one or the video i linked too.

The plugin is great until you try to do something a bit more advanced and then you get stuck.

Sorry maybe someone with experience using the plugin can chime in.

Your video solved my problem. I also know how to scale manually now. A big thanks to you!

1 Like

Glad to help … glad it worked out!