What application do you guys use to mark your works

So as the title says, what do you guys use to watermark your works?
As a GUI designer I find it a nuisance to watermark my outputs and to show them at my portfolio, but sadly it is needed to prevent people from stealing my content.

So I want to know what application or website do you guys use to watermark your content.

For me I’m having a really hard time finding the perfect watermarking tool, If I counted correctly I used over 20+ watermarking tools but I still don’t like them, they either don’t have this one functionality I need or the watermarker itself is adding a watermark to your image, how funny is that.

I basically need a watermarking tool that has the following:

• Custom fonts
  • Tileable text which has a depth configuration
  • Bulk imports
  • No watermark other than mine
  • Free or Not

If your going to suggest Photoshop then sadly no, my pc lags so hard on startup of the program and when using it.

Suggestions will be appreciated.

2 Likes

I personally don’t watermark my work, as I find it completely pointless, and generally detracts from/destroys the work, however, if I were to recommend something to use it’d probably be gimp, as it’s free and generally runs pretty well on just about any hardware (I used to use it on a laptop from 2012 with a dual core i5 and 2gb of DDR2 ram so I mean)

1 Like

But dont you think people can steal your work in some way and claim it as their own? I think keeping your work og with watermarks in the way is better than hundreds of people claiming that your work is theirs. Anyways thanks for the suggestion, Ill try GIMP tomorrow, hope it can do bulk images.

I personally am not scared of people stealing my work, while it’s a shame people will stoop that low, I see it more as a “Y’know I’m good enough that people want to steal my work” I mean, you don’t see famous artists crawling out of their graves when reproductions of their work are illegally made, so why should I care in the long run

2 Likes

Dude, Just use PaintDotNet, it’s a free alternative to photoshop and it’s PC friendly and very simple to use.

1 Like

For my game thumbnails i normally use photopea. This is a online image/gif editor with many options. I think it is almost photoshop but then online and for free!

1 Like

well yeah I guess, but the odds off people stealing your work increases as you get better at your work, well I think im just paranoid but im not taking any chances

I use that too its good and all, buts its not customizable in what I want though. It needs to have a bit more features in order for it to work for me cause I like those extra features.

thanks ill give it a try, I remember using this but not for the purpose of watermarking

If you want more features than the ones you have. go to the PDN plugin forums > Plugin packs and get the boltbait, Madjik and pyrochild’s packs. these are the most that I recommend.

1 Like

I personally don’t watermark my work, because who really cares, but if I had to watermark it, id just use photoshop or illustrator, it takes like 1 minute to do it, make a big text box, and paste your watermark text there

1 Like

yes I hope they have plugins for something that I need

Yes but photoshop is extremely laggy for me, I think ill try using illustration since it runs ok for me

Just find and install. but ONLY from that forum. they won’t help if they’re outside.

1 Like

I use a free website called photopea, its like photoshop with some changes and extra things, and its free.

1 Like

I agree, I think watermarks are pointless, I like to think people aren’t ignorant enough to steal someone else’s work. But then again, no one really looks at my work, in the end if I know I made it, that’s good enough for me, don’t have anything to prove to anyone else.

1 Like

I created a whole topic where yoiu can find a lot of free alternatives to most apps, there you can find some apps to watermark your creations. Photopea, paintDOTnet and other ones.

1 Like

It’d probably be best to research and view certain sites there are numerous of sites and alternative programs that have the tools and options you’re wanting. Watermarking your work can be easily done on a phone or any specific mobile device.

I’d recommend alternative programs gimp - paint.net - or another application. When watermarking your work I do recommend fading it so it will be hard to noticed you could add a little transparency to it and probably make it blend in certain areas. Any application or program has the options to add watermarks to your work, doing a quick search around will reveal what you’re currently looking for.

1 Like