What are my options for creating VERY large parts?

When I use that option, the ground only has collisions when a player is nearby, and I would prefer it if the ground was always a collider. If I ever begin experiencing performance issues, I’ll switch to that strategy. Thanks for the suggestion!

While this isn’t an issue in a vacuum (just a player running around on a flat plane), if more things are added to a game that uses this strategy, problems may start to come up. For example, if something falls into the sea and a player isn’t within 1024 studs of it, the object will fall through the floor.

Yes, there is no need to union it, but I thought he would be using it as a single part.

Yes, but its odd that these two materials are drastically better then any other when used in this way.

I was able to work around this distortion by making a roving floor piece that is barely higher than the specialmesh surface, so that a player will only see the smaller non-distorted collision block and yet still see to ‘infinity’ the specialmesh material going to the horizon (too far away to see the distortion).

It would be nice if there was just a Lighting effect that would produce this horizon without such trickery. Like, if they had a lighting property called HorizonFloor where you could just define a material/texture that goes to infinity. (as least as a visual surface, not a collision surface)

1 Like

You could, on the client, anchor it until you come in reaching distance of it.

Why would you need such a large part in the first place? What’s wrong with duplication? If you’re making a game this large, Roblox itself won’t be able to handle it.