What Are Raycasting HitBoxs?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What I want is to know what raycasting hitboxs are and how to use them

2. I know how to cast a ray but I want to make rays like this

1. Tried looking for people talking about it but of course no luck

(it would also be very helful if you showed me a code example so I can understand it. Also I want to know if its possible to change the size of a ray)

Do you have any proof that suggests that uses raycasting? Ray casts are basically rays that travel infinitely in one direction until it meets a certain requirement. In this case, I would use a Bézier curve to make a curve like in the example picture but more smooth.

1 Like

This looks like the module Raycast Hitbox by @TeamSwordphin

That module takes an interesting approach to the hitbox problem. Normally on Roblox, hitboxes are either physical parts that rely on the .Touched event, or region3s, but this thing uses raycasting to create a hitbox. Anything that is within the ray will be hit. It’s definitely more secure than .Touched and seems to be better than region3, though I must confess I have never used it before.

Check out the resource topic for more information about how to use it and stuff.

1 Like

Raycasts are not visual. what you see here is a bunch of Beams which were used to visualize where the raycast was being sent out

1 Like

ohhh that makes sense i didn’t know that

Thank you all for the answers but that still leaves my other question. Is it possible to change a rays size? or do I have to cast multiple

a ray is a 1 dimensional line. you can change its length, but theres no such thing as its “thickness”.

what are you looking to do? if you just want the visual effect then you dont need to use raycasting. you can just use beams, which you can change the thickness to

i just wanted to know if its possible but now i know