What are the best ways to optimize a Roblox game with a ton of parts?

For a Military Airfield i’m developing currently which uses high counts of parts over a large stretch of land I was wondering what other people use for optimization.

Currently the game runs 45-50fps on Maximum Graphics and two - three ticks for myself gets it on 60fps.

I have used methods like meshing the buildings, groups of trees, some scripts which make them invisible and non-collide.

Before I want to lower the tree count in the game I wanted to see if other people had any ideas for optimization that worked for them.

If you have any ideas other ideas for me to try (Besides lowering the tree count because i’m probably already gonna do that) then I would be glad to hear.

2 Likes

i don’t know either but i read some of the user says that union the model you have made will low the fps of your game

maybe some fog would help prevent the player from seeing too much of the map, which will help the fps.

Already a step ahead of you. Still even with the fog it still renders the objects from what I seen on maximum graphics.

do you have any lighting effects, and also is shadow map on?

Si, I have lighting effects on and shadow map on.

Press Shift+F2 (Ctrl+Shift+F2 in Studio) to pull up render info. Since you have ShadowMap enabled, a lot of shadows will be drawn in a map with lots of parts (this can be avoided by disabling CastShadow in your parts, but will take away from the ShadowMap effect). Turning your graphics down below 4 (i believe it’s 4, someone fact check that) disables detailed shadows, which is probably why you get 60 fps once you turn your graphics down.

Unions would actually make it worse. Parts are better than unions. Unions are treated as meshes and take longer to load. Although it’s ok to use unions, in this case I don’t think it would be a good idea.

3 Likes

If your a scripter you can make a script that makes parts behind the fog start distance disappear client sided and if your a builder you can hire a scripter or something like that.