What are the requirements of Humanoid:MoveTo()?

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I am trying to make a humanoid that moves to the player’s position. I think my code is correct, because I have a print right above the MoveTo(), and the print is showing in the Output. I think the problem is that my rig is not set up correctly. The rig I’m using is a rig created a rig from the “Build Rig” button in the plugins tab.
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I think I need to do something else to get MoveTo to work, but I don’t know what. There isn’t any documentation (as far as I have found) that explains the requirements for a humanoid to move when MoveTo is fired.
Pictures

This was created from the “Build Rig” button in the plugins tab.

3. **What solutions have you tried so far?** I have looked on the Developer Hub and the DevForum, and have not found an answer in either.
1 Like

Have you made sure HumanoidRootPart is unanchored?

1 Like

It should work on the rig since the Build Rig plugin is automatically in the studio so you can trust it :grinning:

If you want it to walk like an actual person, you need an animate script.
You can get it here : https://www.roblox.com/library/4627551386/Animate

You put the animate script inside the dummy, and then you use :MoveTo()

Also, make sure your HumanoidRootPart isn’t anchored.

Anchor the entire model’s children/body parts then unanchor it.

It is intentionally as if it is anchored. Any anchored body part will prevent it from being able to move.

For the title, :MoveTo() will accept two arguments, a Vector3 and an optional second argument as a part.

Thanks, it looks like I did have it anchored. It works now.

1 Like