What are you working on currently? (2017)

You thought I did the building for MeepCity? Nah, it’s these little guys who do all the work.

14 Likes

That’s dope! XD

Edit: It literally makes me think of some kid construction site toy pack

1 Like

at first glance they looked like puffles from club penguin.

1 Like

:eyes:

I’m 99% certain they were meant to be an almost complete copy. Look at the eyes.

Also the general shape. This is SCREAMING inspiration!

Also, in case you couldn’t tell, the visual design/theme of the game’s map/buildings/ui was inspired off of Toontown (good times.)
Cameron Halse uploaded this image to

Of course, Toontown is closed now. You can still play the fan version of it (it’s the same thing except free and they don’t have those pet things yet, at least at the time I played last.) https://www.toontownrewritten.com/

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be ironic if the reason Club Penguin died is because of Meep City?

4 Likes

I’ve never seen a happier construction site.

1 Like

I had a pretty primitive humanoid system that AxisAngles optimized as far as cframing lot of characters go. I can run like 100 easily at 60fps all being smoothly cframed at the same time. It was for a more tower defense esque game so I didn’t really need physics.

I swear toontown gets uglier every time I look at it. Every single one of those textures is stretched and blurry.

3 Likes

Not sure if “inspiration” is the right word for blatantly ripping something off and getting rid of a small component
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hope I’m not the only one that knows this pain

12 Likes

Looks awesome!

In lobby, perfectly fine. In here, not so much.

1 Like

Why you got back on that conversation again where it was peace and quite for a while…

Because if a person doesn’t know why it’s wrong they could end up doing something similar again…? Not to mention the post was just under a day old, it wasn’t like I commented on something a week to a month late lol.

Sneak peek for something I’m starting and finishing in one month with Tradesmark.

3 Likes

Made a little menu UI for an upcoming project :octopus:

9 Likes

Been there, done that a million times. Never actually used a plugin for it though, I’ve always manually scripted joints.
(I agree it’s a pain in the ass)

6bc4fac0a0fec8a037163a9720b94663e26ed20e.jpgWhat did you do to him!!!

2 Likes

No dummies were harmed in the making of this image