What are you working on currently? (2017)

looks fine for me

Same issue as B_rcode. Maybe it’s regional related?

I think it might have actually expired and it could just be cached in my browser

Used to be there, now it’s gone

Try clicking on it and then refreshing discourse, could have just been a bad load that the browser decided to cache.

Reuploaded it to my own website - should work now.

For some reason when I want to upload it as a .gif it turns out as a frozen image, even though it’s a .gif file.

[details=This happens]cdaa17a938ca9d05d59492e77321c2f133d2dbd1.gif
[/details]

Current Study

4 Likes

Update:

4 Likes

I’ve been working on a little game where you try to unlock a door with some keys. 99 keys to be exact.

You can give it a try here: https://www.roblox.com/games/777622667/House-of-Keys

5 Likes

I honestly thought about making that after seeing this video(first 5:35)

It’s cool to see something, be inspired, but pass up the opportunity to later find somebody else has done it.

Woah I had no clue a game about opening a door with keys already existed! Now I feel like I stole the idea. But that game only has one door so really I did it better. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the name Race City, but what about The Race-ist. Someone who races.

Stuff

7 Likes

Nice, but the background looks kind of bear.

13 Likes

Your post is pure pun-ishment.

2 Likes

I played this, as you know from seeing me in there, and I was trying to work out an estimate for how long it would take to win, with some assumptions (like that there will always be a way to jump down into the starting room). There are 99 keys, which means on average, you’re going to need to try 50 keys per room to brute force the lock. I’m assuming when you use a key successfully, a new one is spawned so that each door always has 99 keys available to try, not 99 - #doorsAlreadyOpened). The time it takes to get to a particular door from the key bin will be the number of that door times the average time to traverse a room, since the rooms are all roughly the same size (the ones I saw, anyways). When you sum the time to get to a door for doors 1 to N, what you get is a Triangular Number times the average traversal time of a room.

Grabbing a key from the bin and trying the first lock took me about 8 seconds. Let’s use that as room traversal time. Additionally, let’s assume that no matter what room I’m in, I can get back to the key bin in about that much time (by jumping on the lock, running along the top of the walls, and jumping down to start. The keys are not all back at the starting room–many are likely at a previous door where you tried to use them last, but since taking into account the likelihood of a key being left at door M (and the key respawn-from-pipe mechanism) hugely complicates the calculations, I’ll assume we go back to start each time and either get a new key there or pick one up on the way back up to the door. What does that give us as an estimate?

I’ll represent the Nth triangle number as Tri(N). Tri(1)=1, Tri(100) = 5050. So let’s see what this gives us for a real time to complete:

Total player-seconds to unlock doors 1 through N = Avg. tries per door * (Tri(N) * TraversalTimePerRoom + N * ReturnToStartTime).

For room 1, I get: 50 * (1 * 8 + 1 * 8) = 800s, or 13 minutes, 20 seconds.
For room 5: 2 hours 13 minutes, 20 seconds
For room 100: 23 days, 20 hours, 13 minutes

Conclusion: Play with friends! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Reached the end :smiley: It took forever

Been playing around with some k-means clustering for exam procrastination. You can see how the randomly picked centroids (red) move over time to the most appropriate clusters. You can see the final clusters aren’t perfect but k-means does a good job.

Ooh, nice Three Panel Soul reference. I used to read Mac Hall back in the day.

1 Like

Nice. I ended up finding it the other way around. Played Spiral Knights and loved the art, so I followed Ian on twitter, found 3PS from there, and then Mac Hall from there.

1 Like