What are you working on currently? (2017)

Because I’m not using something simple like taking the orientation from touched parts. The humanoid is taking a lot of samples from the world, with ray casts, to build a smooth, continuous, and (mostly) differentiable manifold on which to run/orient.

3 Likes

New vehicle spawning screen for Ultimate Driving:

10 Likes

Sweet UI! Though, I question the bounce easing style for the tween of the stat bars. In any game, when I am comparing stat bars, I want to transition to be as quick and noise-free as possible. I think that this is the common use case among users.

6 Likes

The bounce also just kind of looks wrong in a UI that is otherwise very quick and sleek.

Noted.

13 Likes

Speaking of driving… there has been one vehicle that is so old that it is said that the pioneers used to drive these babies for miles.

Probably destined to be a free model.

11 Likes

I recently got back into working on a system for building and managing projects outside of studio. After many failed attempts and too-complicated designs, I think I finally have something workable. As of now, it’s a program that runs Lua scripts to manipulate data within files.

For example, this script would take a Lua file and insert it as a ModuleScript within a place file:

util = input{format="module", "project/modules/utilities.lua"}
place = output{"project/place.rbxl", "ReplicatedStorage.Modules"}
map{util, place}

It shouldn’t work properly right now, but hopefully I can stabilize it in the coming months. The main project is located here:

6 Likes

Instead of tweening size, try tweening Transparency. It should make it much easier to compare stats because you don’t have the confusing motion.

Messing around with a free plant kit I’m working on:

(Thanks ViennaSausages for the grass mesh)

48 Likes

Powering Imagination :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

That depends on what you mean by default humanoid physics. If you mean how a Roblox avatar is normally working, with no-collide limbs and raycasts to detect floors, then no. If you mean the Physics state where your character is just another bunch of parts in the world, then yes. I don’t use the default MasterControl, CameraScript and modules, or the Animate script from the player model (I Destroy() that on spawn). I wrote replacements for these core player scripts that make no assumptions about the world orientation of player or the direction of gravity. It’s not completely from scratch, I used parts of the core scripts that didn’t need to change, like some functions from Animate and the keyboard control module. Only the camera is 100% fully custom.

As trees and grass take like two minutes in blender it’d be nice to provide more complex flora like shrubbery and flowers or other scenery assets

tmw someone actually makes smooth terrain look good :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Creating the object is easy enough, its the UVs, textures, and materials in Blender that are a pain.

1 Like

I think smooth terrain always looks good, but it just doesn’t look original unless it’s a flat plane, as roblox doesn’t allow custom material brushes :frowning:

1 Like

nice music choice!

2 Likes

Took the advice to render the scene and characters seperately so i could manually add rim light to them in some other program. I really think it makes the characters stand out more.

21 Likes

When you are testing out new bosses for your game and they are OP :octopus:

10 Likes

Beautiful render. My only comment on the composition would be that the scene could use a little more variance in palm trees. All of their fronds have ended up in the middle 1/4 of the shot giving it an artificial feeling symmetry (particularly since the top 1/3 is nothing but sky).

You might try taking the palm tree in the foreground on the left and making it taller or moving it closer to the camera so it pokes up almost to the top of the shot. It’ll break the symmetry, add some extra framing making the scene a little more intimate (balancing out the cat) and it wont damage the expansiveness you get from all that sky.

1 Like

I actually made custom palm trees with leaf textures and everything but the client preferred the in-game ones ^^"

4 Likes