What are you working on currently? (2017)

Made a plugin that automatically parses source code in our framework and generates fancy source lists and dependency trees. It gives warnings for items that are unused / not included, and gives an error status if the script could not be parsed correctly, or if it is missing dependencies.

12 Likes

First time rendering something in cycles in… almost since the start of this year.

don’t worry this is the last image of this until textured, and then I’ll stop… until its imported and animated :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

:thinking:, are you using Pro-lighting from Blender Guru?

OwO I did that good? :open_mouth:

I wish, I don’t have the funds at the moment to buy that. Though I’m wanting to buy it as soon as possible. What I did do though is pretty simple, just 3 planes with emission materials of different characters like so:

click

1 Like

No, I just remember they had a setup with red/blue lighting in their promo, lol.

EDIT: Btw I wouldn’t invest in it. Sure it may help, but it wont help you understand the theory behind lighting a model and so on. Doesn’t really build up your skills.

1 Like

Been playing around with the new Roblox Lighting system, I absolutely love the results I got with ShadowMap. Here take a look!

28 Likes

Here’s my blatantly GTA V inspired Apocalypse Rising 2 alpha map. I built it off of badcc’s render two days ago. (thx!!)

And a little location marker.

b42zDXgQTl6obGj_ZTh0vA

22 Likes

how tho :open_mouth:

Overlaid the render by badcc and drew over it in a photo editing software.

3 Likes

Very good job!

1 Like

so its manually drawn over?

haha rip me then i thought it was some cartoony shader that made it render out like that

I took the render and drew over it in Illustrator, yeah.

Nice! It inspires me to start working on my mini map :slight_smile:

1 Like
9000 x 4000 turn-table render of you know who

https://i.imgur.com/jO5vyDX.jpg

ahem

1 Like

It’s a pretty nice model tho

2 Likes

it is a nice model… but you can only see it so many times before it goes from “wow” to “meh”

anyway. i started a new game… and it’s… actually pretty fun for like… 5 minutes

(this is a boss wave, btw)

and it’s come a pretty long way in the past 4 days

Late Game screenshot

5 Likes

That’s so awesome. I love tower defense games.

1 Like

Apoc Rising 2 @ 8192x8192

Shaders Enabled:

• Ambient
  • Shadow (tanh attenuation)
  • Diffuse
  • Specular
  • Heightshading/Topography
23 Likes

Can say the same for tower defense games, however, they are fun to play.

@badcc HOLY MOLLY THATS AWESOME.