What are you working on currently? (2017)

29 Likes

I’ve been doing too much Phantom Forces to work on anything this weekend. lol.
But I have however spent the last 4 hours rewriting most of Fury into a better framework for me and finally decided to untypo its name from Fury to Furry.

However this was only one tiny change to my little pet framework… Things that I changed/added:

• Furry:GetRemote() now only requires a filepath, however the filepath must have the remote’s extension at the end of the filepath else it will only return the folder and not the remote. The remotes extension has something to-do with the ClassName of the remote incase anyone was wondering.

• Furry:LoadCustomObject() now only requires a filepath, and if you’re needing to require the code of a ModuleScript via this method, you must include the .Lua extension at the end of filepath, else this function will only return the ModuleScript and not the ModuleScript’s code.

• Furry:GetService() now properly loads custom services and doesn’t just assume you have a function named FixedUpdate() or RenderSteppedUpdate() in the custom service (ModuleScript) and tries to fire that code every heartbeat/renderstepped.

• Furry now has 4 new core methods added;
    1.) ConnectFunctionToHeartbeat
    2.) DisconnectFunctionFromHeartbeat
    3.) ConnectFunctionToRenderStepped
    4.) DisconnectFunctionFromRenderStepped
    Each are pretty self explanatory, they connect a function to either RenderStepped or Heartbeat. Or disconnect them if needed. (This was actually a needed addition as Furry already connects to these functions internally… and I recently found out connecting to either RenderStepped or Heartbeat several times over was actually negatively affected my games performance.)

• Cleaned up Furry’s setup logic to a readable format (the code at the very bottom of the Framework’s script that actually does all of the magical internal stuff) so its not making me go blind whenever I scroll down there and see spaghetti code.

• Working on a dedicated internal Utilities module for Furry. (If you have code to share for this then share!)

5 Likes

Looks crisp.

1 Like

I’m currently remaking an area in my game. Here’s what the original version looked like:

And here’s the new and upcoming look!

8 Likes

I feel like the detail on some of the smaller leaves and bushes distracts from the overall simplistic theme. It’s still much easier on the eyes, though! Good job finding a less eye-straining style that still looks super playful.

5 Likes

Robotic laser arm - model is around 2K tris

22 Likes

2k tris? Bullshi-
sees wireframe
well… how about that…

5 Likes

Tiny bit of updating to BC01. Just added the decals, since I can vector graphics now using Photoshop.

2 Likes

It’s an ice cream parlor! :smile:

5 Likes

Was experimenting with fake metalness on objects. I blurred out a skybox and made the reflection value of these objects 1. It’s pretty similar to reflections being generated with cubemaps. This could really be a thing for indoor areas, considering you don’t necessarily have to see the skybox. It creates a pretty cool effect! Added the skybox I used in case you’re curious.

e3a82f266daf249489e33c0a5d720657d6256e8d.gif

11 Likes

It would be so awesome if you could have each object reflect a different skybox. Is it possible? Please tell me it’s possible.

2 Likes

Nope, not yet. I know it was a feature request tho, Ive been messing with them on my cars.

3 Likes

I like airplanes, click for high res

SOONTM: UAV with waypoints and orbit abilities

19 Likes

now that’s just plane cool

2 Likes

Oh no, this is going to “take off” again.

2 Likes

you flew right in with that response! i’m kinda just winging it

1 Like

Hopefully this game doesn’t crash and Widgeon pilots it in the right direction.

2 Likes

pretty fly for a white plane

1 Like

First rule of shiny things in a jar; You can never have enough shiny things in a jar.

13 Likes

But can you have enough jars in shiny things?

3 Likes