What are you working on currently? (2018)

This is my first time posting around here, not sure if this is how I should post things.
I’ve been working on a showcase for a while now, and these were some nice shots I got from it so far!

12 Likes

clicky

access denied

8 Likes

Would that happened during a round?

I assume so, or if he makes the player play a certain amount of time before being able to utilize those features.

Inventory and Twitter Codes are inaccessible because their functionality isn’t coded yet so they effectively do nothing. Spectate is inaccessible like shown above only if there isn’t anyone to spectate.

3 Likes

Just curious, how often would you release twitter codes? Would it be systematically?

Not 100% sure because I haven’t done twitter codes yet but I have some ideas for when I do. I’d probably release them periodically such as one every week or every other week or possibly even monthly. I would definitely release special twitter codes to promote a new update. And I’ve thought about having timed exclusive twitter codes that only last a limited time such as a day or two so they’re more appealing due to their exclusivity.

Sounds like a great plan, only thing I could suggest is that if you utilize a third platform twitter service such as gleam.io you can funnel some of that traffic into other platforms for utilization later down the road, not to much though that players lose intrest!

I’d release a monthly code that would help in the game a lot with a day or so timer, and each week a smaller code on a week timer, it would help be consistent and effective, but then again, it would feel like a simple log in bonus more then a code.

It would be a good idea to be more random, since it helps keep users keep a eye out on twitter, but still have somewhat of a time stamp.

1 Like

Capatalizing on what you said, keeping users up to date through twitter can also be harnessed through a discord bot if you don’t know. Thus, it would bring your twitter population and discord population on to the game and interactive with your code.

1 Like

Just like @'ing everyone on a discord to let them know that there’s a new code, unless thats what you meant by a bot correct?

There’s a discord bot called Twitter that pings everyone when a specifed account posts a tweet automatically!

1 Like

About half way to releasing a new plugin for converting R6 to R15 animations. I do need to post for some help about rotating the arms based on the hands/feet, and then I just need to make the actual plugin.

6 Likes

Excited to try it! Ping me in it, please!

I won’t be posting the nearly complete version in the thread, mainly because it is hard to test with. I am working on a simpler version to work with.

1 Like

Are you implementing this by putting classic animations into blender, 3D rigging it, and exporting it and putting it back into studio?

Nope. It is all in Roblox. The intended work flows are animation save in a rig > convert to R15 > export as R15 and imported animation > convert to R15 > export as R15.

1 Like

Would this work in reverse? R15 > R6?

For what I am doing, no. It is possible since it is just using the existing end points for the feet, hands, and head. Once I release my plugin, feel free to make the converter to go the other way around.

1 Like

You bet I will. Keep up the amazing work.

1 Like