What are you working on currently? (2018)

It took you on the highway for the airport quarter mile :sweat_smile:

A* for the pathfinding?

Nice catch. Looks like I connected the wrong set of nodes there, will fix.

Edit: Found a much bigger problem as a result which I solved. Thanks for the early heads up!

Pretty much.

Looks fantastic! Really exciting to see this kind of thing in Roblox.

2 Likes

This is totally off-topic, but what is a Roblox Champion??

It looks like a new name for ‘Top Contributor’.

Searching group:Roblox_Champion shows posts from a few users. If you check out the ‘Top Contributors’ group on the Groups page it shows the same users.

I’m guessing that they’ve accepted in new users to the Top Contributor role and renamed it to Roblox Champion, but I could be wrong. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@ChadTheCreator @Corecii

Roblox_Champion is sort of a parent group for Top_Contributor. While top contributors are more specific to the devforum, the champion group is across the whole platform. As a top contributor I might help users make feature requests on the forum, while a champion could help teach users how to develop on the platform. Top contributors generally overlap with the champion group since our role is to help users, but the two groups aren’t the same.

There’s a pending announcement that will go into more detail, but that’s a general overview for now.

5 Likes

Feel the satisfaction

20 Likes

Finally, a good game. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:ok_hand::ok_hand::fire::fire:

Made a Dutch freight carriage. It was one of the vital components of the Dutch railways, being able to transport many different kinds of cargo.

More pictures can be found on my Twitter.

11 Likes

Released the trailer for my snowboarding game, finally releasing 27th of April.

https://twitter.com/MOTE_Games/status/986350093094739968

30 Likes

So hyped! Did you get corks sorted in the end?

Yep, got a nice looking thing going slightly by accident. Doubt it’s 100% accurate, but it’s good enough and looks cool

1 Like

High-poly model of my “alien terraformation laser” device

11 Likes

I’ve been working on a minimap generator plugin during my study breaks. It posts to imgur and outputs the URL when it’s done. I’ve packaged some of my rendering code including edge detection for anti-aliasing (adaptive super-sampling).

Quick example:

12 Likes

gets released during the summer

1 Like

6 Likes

Seems… familiar… I just can’t put my foot on it.

:thinking:

2 Likes

So, uhh, turns out instancing that many parts all at once was too expensive for low-end computers (~6-7 yo desktop). I ended up merging runs of the same color into one part, merging them vertically, too, whenever possible.

Before:

After:

waaaay faster, especially on old computers. I underestimated the impact that this optimization would do.

12 Likes

Do you pool parts?

1 Like