What are you working on currently? (2019)

That’s a very entertaining intro cutscene to watch o.o the dude needs a new mag though

Edit: Nvm, I guess that pistol runs on air pressure, since the dude reloads with air from his pocket to blast those zombies(?) away :sweat_smile:

@T0ny It’s kind of hard to not feel intimidated when you witness firsthand how amazing something can be :grimacing: :sweat_smile:, nevertheless, I saw your post before ZacAttackk’s and I watched the entire clip, despite it being a bit slow but epic and thought yours was very cool. My first impression of it was that it is pretty nice :+1:, so I believe you can progress even further to make your cutscene a lot more spicy. There’s heaps of room for improvement and it’s up to you how you approach that outcome of success. :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome back Tom! Good to see you finally finished the studio apartment, I trust your break from Roblox helped a bit.

2 Likes

Worked on some Interactable items with matching UI. Could be used for shops and more! (works with keybinds and mouseclicks)

3 Likes

Player challenging UI + some camera work

Wasn’t able to upload the video here for some reason :confused:

1 Like

Well, I am trying to make a realistic tennis simulator game, but I don’t know a lot on how to script yet. I do have great building skills, and I am building maps for the game for now.

Made this.
1 Like

Just finished some commissions for upcoming games.

28 Likes

dumpster

17 Likes

Finally, a place I belong

Cool stuff in any case! I love interactivity with common assets around a map, breathes life into a city or area.

2 Likes

Are you making a Hide & Seek type of game?
It could be pretty fun with mechanics like these.

I’m actually making a roleplaying game and made this for finding randomly generated loot. I do have NPC cops planned for the game, so I could make players immune from their detection as long as they’re inside a dumpster

1 Like

some stuff im putting together for a skill-based sword fighting game(: more on this later

18 Likes

I’m excited to see how this turns out!

Now imagine this in VR :open_mouth:

(cc: @maplestick)

1 Like

Just to note, since you changed your coins value object from the client side, technically the server shouldn’t be able to see that change. As a result, it seems your GUI uses a localscript to check whether the player has enough coins (which the server should be doing). I may be wrong and that you are already doing this, but I just wanted to point out that the server should always check these sorts of things, so it would be best to use a remote event/function to do so.

1 Like

This script handles if the player has enough coins.

1 Like

That’s easily exploitable and not secure. Have any data you want secured guarded by the server, and have the client only be able to ‘request’ (InvokeServer) to be able to view.

2 Likes

Now, how do I make it more secure? I have tried moving and making my values to ServerStorage.

Have a server script throw all data into a table assigned to the player, then when the remotefunction is invoked return the table data.

1 Like

Good idea, but how could I make a server script that functions like that?