What are you working on currently? (2019)

It’s a free mesh that I found in the Meshes from the Toolbox.

1 Like

I need a good reply from professional modelers.
The holding part of this blade is supposed to be the bone.
Does this bone actually looks like bone? Are there any possibilities I could improve it?

9 Likes

Is this better?

1 Like

Great model, however the bone could be improved. I would suggest making it slightly thicker for starters, at the moment it is too perfect - add some ‘roughness’. I would personally do this by subdividing and then decimating to create more random faces and giving the model a more random topology.

1 Like

splatrollerrblx

Made a splat roller in my free time yesterday.

13 Likes

Using the power of ClickDetectors and Touched functions to make a little level…

6 Likes

At first glance, I assumed it was a blade on a stick and it looks really neat, but if you’re aiming for it to look like a bone, you should probably make the upper half of it thicker. See how that works for you.

3 Likes

I’m currently working on a near-throttleproof Datastore system totally from scratch (there may be DataStores similar to this, I’m not sure but I did come up with this on my own)

It essentially creates a big table for a player with all the info and converts it into JSON so it can be preloaded onto a string value in ServerScriptService and requested any time the Client needs data instead of making constant requests to a DS. It’s proving highly efficient so far!
What do y’all think?

As an intermediate scripter (only have been doing Lua for about 10-11 months) I’d love to hear from long-time scripters on what they think of this.

Screenshot_2

4 Likes

Why? You’re not conserving any DataStore requests. You’re just adding complication to the data model.

2 Likes

Hey ROBLOX. What do you think about this ROBOX? :stuck_out_tongue:

The only problem is how could I sharpen this edge here on this picture?

7 Likes

That doesn’t look like 14.8 degrees of tilt…

15 Likes

It’s 14.8000001 degrees of tilt which makes it way better.

4 Likes

It’s actually relatively simple. Saves a JSON table of all your info into a stringvalue that can be requested by the client instead of using the Datastore. Reduces overall throttling with high request counts which are in the game I’m working on.

1 Like

oh i know, bone is very difficult to get right without it appearing weird or phallic.

From my Pickle Rick build back in 2017 Soleña - Roblox

3 Likes

Oh no…oh nononono…!

11 Likes

Working on “Home”, “Diventure 2” and “Guess Who”.

1 Like

I’m working on an Infinite obby… Inspired by a friend on twitter (known there as DVREX_)
It meant to be a prototype, but I have some ideas of how to make it complete so I’m kinda in the middle about whether to just finish a prototype or make the full game…
It’s called “I Hate Obbies!”

pixels!

14 Likes

Added score keeping, rounds, stabilized suspension. added crowd background noise, that reacts to when points are gained.

Handbrake too for more Deja Vu action
Also added a Round end event, so i can get started on an intermission period, shop, and unlockables.

now for the lobby, i went in a clean and professional setting. like the kinds of garages you see for like… professional racers. clean surfaces and bright contrasting colors. Dunes is a sport game after all.

Link for anyone who wants to try it. Dunes[Early Beta] - Roblox

minor changes:
Cars get a random color on spawn
all tracers and sounds are clientside
guns have random inaccuracy, and a large gun shield to discourage sniper game-play.
points and player markers are relative to team standing, and not team color. allowing for 3 or 4 team matchups, or just FFA
Buggies usually flip out on death, giving more satisfying frags.

14 Likes

Made some actual progress on a new game idea for once, was going well and had a good system down. Loaded it up this morning to work on it some more, file was corrupted and lost everything.

Thanks game, very cool.