What are you working on currently? (2019)

There is no link go to roblox go to library click plugin

SciFiHelmetForInstagram

Hereā€™s my DevForum Portfolio: Ted | UI Designer For Hire [50% SALE]

9 Likes

Deserts? Yes!

I had a bit of a rough time decorating this biome, so if any of you have any suggestions, feel free to share them!

4 Likes

I suggest you maybe add some tumbleweed, and/or bring some life into it (creatures

1 Like

Programmed an Area detection system thatā€™s easily customizable using parts (and that also works with rotation in mind) @LordHammy helped me out with this!

55 lines of code only (Iā€™m satisfied with this since I donā€™t usually program)

Sorry for the choppy camera, I recorded this with Roblox Studio itself.

4 Likes

This looks great as always! The tumbleweed idea by @AllThingsMilk is a good one; I personally think itā€™d look more full and vibrant if you scattered some smaller rocks and different variants of brown-colored things throughout the emptiness of the sand to make it more visually interesting and also have the oases keep their distinct contrast from the rest of the scene. If you arenā€™t apt to extra details, some size variation in the trees and cacti would make it a little more intriguing to look at.

This is already so visually interesting though. You did a wonderful job on the geometry and feel!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been working lately on a game inspired by the design and aesthetic of Firewatch. Currently, Iā€™m working on Day/night cycles with different colour palettes to help increase the overall feel of the atmosphere. Also having a look at in shadowmap is also really cool, for my purposes it really improves the game! Here are some screenshots of the current day/night system:

Any feedback would be awesome!

14 Likes

Right now Iā€™m working on revamping my remake of guest defense called noob defense to make things more balanced in the game and to provide a better challenge and hopefully improve my ratings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had some free time so I added a secret spell you can only access with admin commands to my WIP game:

@weeaboos

3 Likes

The build looks cool, I like that tool pick up system andā€¦omg is that a railgun?! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Been working on the game intro cutscene for VH3 :cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Iā€™m feeling kind of intimidated now :frowning:

As amazing as it is. Iā€™m also working on cut scenes. Well to be more precise a system that can move a camera along a pre-baked track. Right now it only moves along a track meaning part to part.

5 Likes

Finally Updated this bad boyšŸ˜Ž

18 Likes

Early WIP :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Firewatch?? O my gah, I played this at a friendā€™s house on the Switch! It was epic and the watch tower youā€™ve built looks amazing.

2 Likes

What an epic build. Thatā€™s a great way to hop right back into the DevForums after a long while :grinning:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a very entertaining intro cutscene to watch o.o the dude needs a new mag though

Edit: Nvm, I guess that pistol runs on air pressure, since the dude reloads with air from his pocket to blast those zombies(?) away :sweat_smile:

@T0ny Itā€™s kind of hard to not feel intimidated when you witness firsthand how amazing something can be :grimacing: :sweat_smile:, nevertheless, I saw your post before ZacAttackkā€™s and I watched the entire clip, despite it being a bit slow but epic and thought yours was very cool. My first impression of it was that it is pretty nice :+1:, so I believe you can progress even further to make your cutscene a lot more spicy. Thereā€™s heaps of room for improvement and itā€™s up to you how you approach that outcome of success. :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome back Tom! Good to see you finally finished the studio apartment, I trust your break from Roblox helped a bit.

2 Likes

Worked on some Interactable items with matching UI. Could be used for shops and more! (works with keybinds and mouseclicks)

3 Likes

Player challenging UI + some camera work

Wasnā€™t able to upload the video here for some reason :confused:

1 Like