What are you working on currently? (2022)

This is my other account, it’s just that I can’t join the Devforum.

The game was made by palpatine, you literally just edited it a little bit

1 Like

Finally finished my movement anticheat after so many rewrites and new discoveries on how I can optimize it. Below is a list of the things this anticheat supports and underneath it is how it does it.

Edit: Forgot to point out that this is 100% on the server and the client has no way of interacting with it. If cheats are detected, they will be punished, no way around it.

Anti-Noclip

How it works: Raycasts from current position to previous position. If something is in the way, it sends them back.

Anti-Speed/Teleporting

How it works: Monitors their distance between each check by looking at the .Z and .X part of their position. If that position goes over their allowed speed (WalkSpeed), it sends them back.

This also works for teleporting, however it’s not shown here for clutter-related reasons.

Anti-Fly/Inf Jump

How it works: Checks if the player is standing on a legit object and if they aren't it sends them back. Also accounts for jumping/obbies so there aren't any false positives.

Also works for infinite jump/whatever other fly script you can think of.

Network Ownership Punishment

When a player is caught cheating by any of the detection methods, it takes away their NetworkOwnership for ~3 seconds. This means for 3 seconds the client will not be able to move their character unless it’s verified by the server.

Performance

Good performance for this project was incredibly difficult to achieve because I had to check every frame in order to not miss any client movement. When I first started this project, the script activity was 12% for ~8 players. Anymore and it would scale up exponentially.

However, now with Parallel Lua and a lot of other optimizations like caching chunks, baking math operations, etc, it’s down to <1% for 8 moving players. For 8 players standing still its <0.1%.

Script activity only spikes when a player enters a new ‘chunk’ however it’s instantly cached and used by all the other players when needed. Chunks store data of all legit objects that the player can stand on/can’t noclip through/etc. This is necessary because if you have 500,000 parts, raycasting every frame will be a nightmare for even one player.

Anyways, thanks for reading. Shoutout to @ForbiddenJ because without them I wouldn’t have known where to start when creating my own anticheat. Thank you. :slight_smile:

35 Likes

Update of the F3X cube: It’s coming along nicely.

I’m genuinely surprised that I was able to capture this much detail in it. I even got the tiny “by” text in the middle of it.

It’s still not done because it’s 3 inches big soooo…

I’ll post an update after school lol.

Also the corners are starting to turn up so that’s a bit unfortunate.

21 Likes

Wow! How did you do that? I’ve thought about this before and couldn’t come up with a way to do it.

1 Like

Fazbear’s Family Diner is working on something that could entertain their costumers.

15 Likes

Currently working on… Whatever I think is fun.

Update since my previous post.

5 Likes

This turned out a lot bigger than I expected, and it looks so good!

Here’s my hand for comparison:

This thing is HUGE and I think it’s fair to call it a life size model.

I plan to revise this design so I can more easily paint as I want every side to be a different color as well as the text inside.

What should I print next?

44 Likes

Make the roblox classic sword if your able

1 Like

Did you make this recently? Or was it just your first

It would be pretty cool to make a classic noob head :grinning:

1 Like

As in like a helmet or a desk ornament?

1 Like

Good question… either one lol :sweat_smile:, helmet would be pretty cool though!

It’s my first blender mesh , took me like 4 days to know the basics. :happy3:

1 Like

at first i thought htat was in blender lol, 3d print the headless head tho, like just the head

2 Likes

Gaming Company Office Modernized. (Ignore the Guis as I forgot to hide the UIs.)

Uploading: RobloxScreenShot20220209_173540041.png…

5 Likes

Make a weapon, like maybe a Glock or AK47. Try making it functional too by separate parts if you can!

Working on a spooky game. Here is the lattern I made for it!

2 Likes

Nice idea, I could probably turn it into a working airsoft gun.

1 Like

I am working on a combination theme park and mall game! This mall will have 1 - 5 floors! The first floor is the theme park. Second floor would be clothing shops. The 3rd floor will be a food court. There is also a outside area which will feature a wooden roller coaster, a log ride, a few carnival rides, and a ropes course!

17 Likes