What are you working on currently? (2024)

Stylized forest asset pack

Closer:

7 Likes

just a quick render

8 Likes

I am working on Robloxian Railways - a realistic style train simulator. I always try my best and spend a lot of time adding detail to make my models as realistic as possible.

image-8

So far I have been building the start area of the roadmap: Middlesbrough in Teesside. The end of the route is London King’s Cross, and the train is a LNER Azuma class 800/2 5-car bimode unit.

The train will feature working buttons on doors, in the cab with great detail and other parts such as the moving blinds and coat hooks.

All trains will be free to drive, including freight services, but you will need to pass the Driver Training Sessions required. If you are interested, join the group and the Community server! Robloxian Railways Official Group - Roblox

4 Likes

This looks really cool. For creating the tris of the terrain you could get a lot more performance if you use Roblox’s EditableMeshes

i decided to build my own mesh rendering engine because editable meshes rn have a few issues:

• they are still too new and ridden with bugs
  • editable meshes dont have collision (only hull)
  • editable meshparts do have collision but is so new to the point it hasnt been released yet

most of these things will be ironed out with time, i have it partially working rn but i simply cant get uv mapping yet since roblox has somehow never provided a rotation option in textures so the terrain is textureless

i think its best for me to wait for the release of editable meshparts as its probably going to give the best result

I made a post on last year’s thread about how I was remodelling a building in my game Space Travel Mission: What are you working on currently? (2023)

A couple of days ago, I decided it was time to remodel the same building again. This time, it’s being remade in Blender.
Here’s just a sneak peak at my new missions building that I’m making in Blender. Still unfinished, but thought it would be nice to share.

sea of thieves player spotted

it looks really good just a little big i would scale it down a bit

wait does that use height maps? or is that using a normal map

please explain i had a problem making my textures 3d

1 Like

your telling me thats not mad city?

Currently working on a lot at the same time! I’m finishing a UI for control buttons. Right now one of the buttons opens another UI that lets me control the lights on my game’s stage. I basically made a lighting system for this. The only thing not made entirely by me are the sliders to control the “lights’” color and brightness. This is all for a passion project where I’m replicating the RuPaul’s Drag Race stage with functioning stage lights!

Any feedback or thoughts are appreciated bte!

2 Likes

Its just a regular normal map. No parallax effect, just a 2D image.

1 Like

9 Likes

its not

5 Likes

looks extremely random, maybe try adding more structure to the map?

the scripts are wack so I had to make structure match.

I was working on UI and improving the distance calculations to the star from Gaia DR3 catalogue. This is the image of 400 thousand stars brighter than magnitude 10 and you can clearly see 3 spiral arms in this image (New version) :

This is the bonuses from Old version.
Bonus : Orion nebula (Pan-STARRS DR1 catalog)

And last bonus : Horsehead nebula and the Flame nebula

The game is now public : RoGaia [Alpha] - Roblox (Recommended for PC players)
Read more about Gaia satellite : ESA - Gaia overview

The game doesn’t have tutorial in it don’t worry I will add it soon

16 Likes

so you aren’t making a quality game? maybe hire a new programmer.

Nah I’m selling the original game anyways so I prob won’t use this.

I’m working for a chat system for my game which will support ALL RichText formattings, and won’t allow you to type anything bad. Also, it will preserve all correct RichText so Text filter won’t go crazy:
(In this example, first message is how owner will see it, and second is how others will see it)
Example of bad word here: apple (for test purpoices)

1 Like

Stylized forest progress#1

4 Likes