What are you working on currently? (2024)

Simple barrel

2 Likes

Currently working on completely changing up my mobile UI and mechanics so that mobile players are able to play without moving their hands from the 4pm and 8pm positions.

Hopefully this will make the game feel much more like mobile legends when on mobile, while keeping the game close to it’s DOTA2 roots when playing on PC or console.

5 Likes

Me and a group of developers have been working on an upcoming FNAF inspired horror game. This game features free roam, objectives, custom night, advanced ai system for the monsters, and more. The game is scheduled to release August 10th, but we are still hard at work. Here are some screenshots:

If people are interested, I will link our socials and our game.

https://www.tiktok.com/@corruptedgamestudios?_t=8ng1Y5k4cEF&_r=1

https://x.com/CorruptedGamesX

1 Like

Now with lighting!

9 Likes

how did you make that grid appear? i’ve never seen that before. it seems like a cool use for a game im working on.

I don’t recall if the grid stays when you run the game or not, but you should find it in the View tab in Studio. There should be a button labeled something like “grid texture”.

Edit-it’s “Grid Material”, you can see the button for it next to Show Grid, like in this screenshot.

Just making some stuff with these :eyes:

tregger

1 Like

Released some trains in the last few months or so for Rails Unlimited.

The Australian X’trapolis for our Australian fans.

The classic cable car from San Francisco, was built off of the hype from last year’s RDC.

Side note, of the time of this posting, I’m still not yet invited to this year’s RDC, but do plan on coming by anyways to be inspired for more trains of that area.

8 Likes

Roblox Animation i guess… thats what im working on.

1 Like

California Highway Patrol Academy Sacramento

4 Likes

Having some… technical difficulties with physics based vehicles

4 Likes

Also made some simple gfx on the experience:

Icons:

without the tile detail

this one completely changes the theme compared to the earlier versions, and it’s also relatively foggy:

Now some random spot I rendered:

I really like the reflections and that there’s some kind of sun that I unintentionally made :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The lighting is pretty cool. I’m just a little confused on what it’s supposed to be. . .

The icons are obviously possible icons for the game I’m working, and the last render was just made for fun, but it’s cool though

Experimenting with CRT-style effects.

Quality is customisable so you can have HD or lower-quality retro VHS-style video feedback.

High quality + low colour + intense lighting - might have just discovered how to do a pseudo-halftone/“Ben Day dot” effect for retro comic-book style games.
0fa15cd1e812b88ef3c7a49923f06fb8

Very low quality + low colour depth
607ac08a674c652b71ea9b28421f4319

11 Likes

my new game that I think is pretty cool

1 Like

HOLY SHINGLES DUDE THATS EXACTLY WHAT I MIGHT NEED, thank you so much

This year, 2024, has been quite a transformative period for me in terms of game development. I started off by diving into some ambitious projects, including “Short Creepy Stories” and “Bloody Madness Combat.” Both were intriguing opportunities that seemed to promise a lot of creative freedom. However, as I got deeper into the development process, I encountered significant challenges that ultimately made it difficult to continue. After careful consideration, I decided to step away from those projects. It wasn’t an easy decision, but it was necessary for me to focus on what truly resonates with my creative vision.

In the wake of leaving those projects, I redirected my energy toward something more personal and foundational: asset creation for my future games. I’ve always believed that the key to great game design lies in the details, so I took the time to develop a first-person handler that feels as smooth and realistic as possible. This was no small feat, but the results have been incredibly rewarding, adding a layer of immersion that I’m confident will elevate my future projects.

Alongside this, I experimented with map creation—something I hadn’t fully explored before. This involved not just placing objects but understanding how to craft environments that tell a story and draw players in. As part of this exploration, I also delved into lighting and VHS effects, which have now become some of my strongest skills. I’ve learned how to manipulate light and texture to create atmospheres that are not only visually stunning but also emotionally engaging.

Moreover, I took a deep dive into UI and Sound Production, two areas that are often overlooked but are crucial for a game’s overall feel and user experience. Through this exploration, I’ve gained a newfound appreciation for the intricacies of sound design and user interface, and I’m excited about how these elements will contribute to the depth and polish of my future games.

Reflecting on the past year, it’s clear that these experiences have not only expanded my technical skills but also deepened my understanding of what it takes to create compelling, immersive experiences. I’m eager to see how these newly acquired skills will shape the projects I take on next. Here’s a look at the work I’ve done in 2024—each piece a testament to the growth and learning I’ve embraced this year.

Sound Production and UI
Remastered the SCS Theme Song. (Never got added due to some issues)
“This was my first attempt at creating a theme song, and prior to this ive only tried to make music twice. So I guess third times a charm!”

Whitebox Zombies | Dynamic Main Menu
“This was quite the tedious project to work on, however I had it done within 2 days and I say it turned out smooth.”

VHS Intro that was later added and changed in SCS
“Kharbor unfortunately changed the introduction which led to it looking poor in my opinion.”

Building and Designing Maps + Lighting Setups

First Person System + Dynamic Lighting Settings
Lost Footage | Horror game preview

5 Likes

4 Likes

I’m working on my game. Game name is “The Horror Elevator”. This game was inspired by two authors of scary elevator type games. These are ZMadZeus and MrNotSoHERO. My goal is to revive the era of such games, when many people played them in 2016-2019 in order to get nostalgic. If someone interested, link in my profile.

1 Like