What are you working on currently? (2024)

Join our group if you need help:

1 Like

luxury basement interior

8 Likes

I’m playing around with the scripts and I made a little notification system in just under 1 hour, also was playing around with the “RichText” parts from a Text object in order to see what stuff I can make, for the time being, I only made a settings menu that’s incomplete, I may or may not be adding more soon.

(IMAGE 1 - Me turning on the notifications:)

(IMAGE 2 - Playing around with interacts and the notifications themselves)

3 Likes

Created a super trailer!! Felt a little cramped trying to limit it to 30s, wished I could show more things!

7 Likes

I’ve got to know what lighting settings you used for this! Is it the out-of-range fog numbers thing or is it something different?

mini tutorial

your graphics level should be at or above 7

make sure the lighting settings is set to “Future”
use “Bloom” and set “Intensity” to 0
set “Brightness” to 22222222911910969344
set “ExposureCompensation” to -32
set “ShadowSoftness” to 0.3

before

after

use “ColorCorrection” to change the skybox & shadow color

afterwards, use highlights

17 Likes

That’s so clever to use exposure with bloom removal and a high lighting setting! I absolutely love the effect, thank you so much for sharing how to make it!

I was really curious if it was an even better version of this kind of hacky thing:

That’s really interesting that it’s totally different! I wonder if anything cool happens if I combine the two.

Thanks again for sharing how to do that!

1 Like

You are still working on this? I saw this same video about a half a year or more ago. Hmmm…

2 Likes

Tryin’ the Streetz (Part 2)

Well, what’s the next logical step after making one city block? Copying it eight times to form a 3×3 grid sounds about right to me! I imported another texture from my former GZDoom game into Roblox, the buildings’ sheets of glass, which have a cartoony “sheen” to them.

Hollow Cylinders, Perfected!

Some of you saw one of my recent posts, where I discovered a unique way to precisely align things like straws with characters’ mouths using AlignPosition and AlignOrientation instances. Here are the final results of the poll in that post for anyone curious:

I agree, this method worked well, but deep down, I knew it wasn’t a proper replacement for true IK (which Bloxburg gave me confidence about the possibilities of using that for very specific straw alignment), and thankfully, @CodyTheDwagon found a great and easy-to-use solution to my struggles with IKControl and precisely aligning straws (and other “tips”) with characters’ mouths!

I’m probably the only person that’s this…obsessed with characters using straws (other than Welcome to Bloxburg’s developers, I suppose), but just look at how consistent and convincing this looks, With our attachment-offset technique, characters could “drink” from a cup in either of their hands, and on top of that, more believably than…most experiences.

Dual Wielding!

Oh, and before I go, I have one last update. I just updated my ToolFunctions ModuleScript, so I can hold a cup in both hands now! I don’t think this’ll be useful in “flatscreen” gameplay, but I know it’ll be useful in VR. Despite my worsening mind, returning to the cups and tools almost takes me back to the earlier days of Project Magical Mary’s development in 2022… I miss those times! :sad:
This isn't a robbery! I'm just wondering if you're interested in a drink, my friend.

4 Likes

Quick Update! :smiley:

Btw: For some reason I didn’t have access to view the devforum for 1 whole hour, but okay… :man_shrugging:

Btw 2: The “Game Settings” button was done with “TopbarPlus”.

pls don’t bully me for my bad UI design :sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

Nice job on this trailer. It looks like a fun game from what I saw. You can definitely see how much work has gone into the game just by watching this. It looks polished.

1 Like

After finishing making the locomotive a few days ago, I am now trying to make an Indonesia railway economics class. Economy class, also called third class, is the lowest class of Indonesia railway company.

7 Likes

Roblox’s pathfinding wasn’t really working for me, so i decided to make my own. It can handle 10’s of thousands of nodes easily, but If I try to move them, my computer starts lagging. I probably wont need 12K nodes in a battle map, will I?

• 12K nodes? That’s nothin’.
  • For a single map, 12K nodes is more that you could ever need.

0 voters

Just now realizing that I will need to calculate the path every .5 seconds for every troop. :skull:

Making some changes to the building donation game I’ve been working on since last year! Release is scheduled for next week, and we’re in need of testers, so if you could join the Discord server it’d be greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

my second ever attempt at making gfx renders
(these are all my avatars)

2 Likes

Made This Slime Ball, I’ll probably look into making a true Soft-body version in the future.

11 Likes

make it go back to 500 ad… an empire gameplay would be so cool

Been a while since then. We added some neat music and a bunch of stuff

And a nice friendly lil’ guy :slight_smile:

Until next time

2 Likes

a small little wee short trailer i’ve made on my game, there is a very very small amount of vulgar language closer to the end in the form of voiced dialogue.

6 Likes

Making Power Ups from Super Mario Games with the Mega Mushroom being my latest one.

If you’re interested in other power ups I made from Mario games feel free to check my profile

5 Likes

in the past i’ve made a camera like the game viewfinder. and i have just updated it so you can rotate your viewport and added mobile support.
game link

18 Likes