What are your thoughts and suggestions to becoming a professional builder?

As a beginner builder, I’ve lacked motivation when it comes to constructing great builds. I’ve done my best to become a good builder by watching YouTube tutorials and improvising by capturing concepts from other people. I’m an intermediate scripter, and I was hoping to learn more about becoming a builder. What are your thoughts and advice for becoming one? I’m interested to know. :smile:

2 Likes

Not a Professional Builder, but I’m getting pretty good at it myself.
I suggest keeping everything uniform; Keeping angles and scale locked on 45’s or 90’s (degrees) and multiples of 1 studs (.5, .25, etc.) can really help keep everything uniform and scaled nicely to the player. I’d stay away from moving pieces off of a scale unless doing small details or fine-tunes.

I’d also suggest you get lot’s of practice building. No matter how many video’s you watch, practice is always better! I’d also suggest you take a look at the community guides, this one made by fly_san is a great look at beginner building and general building practice.

But always, practice makes perfect.

2 Likes

Adorations @Auxthic!

I’m going to address a few things;

I’ve lacked motivation when it comes to constructing great builds.

This will occur a lot you need to try and avoid developer burnout; do not out work yourself. Go at your own pace and make sure it’s something that you have always wanted to do for example you want to build an airport and you have an amazing idea for it, set out an hour a day and work on it for that hour then move onto something else.

I’ve done my best to become a good builder by watching YouTube tutorials and improvising by capturing concepts from other people.

Google is your best friend here, look up whatever you’re trying to build exterior and scroll down to piece together inspiration! That’s how I find most of my buildings, then once you get around 10% of it you start to imagine how it should look.

What are your thoughts and advice for becoming one?

Find your own style that you like building in so experiment with other styles and soon you will find your own.

3 Likes