What can I do to improve my game further?

Hey guys, I am RobloxPro900000, and I have recently released a remastered version of a project I started 2 years ago. This was an obby game where players compete against each other to be the last person standing in a series of randomly generated obbies. Now, I made this remastered version in 2 days, as I completed what my original vision was for the game. However, I am at a point where going forward I want to add features and make the game more appealing/able to attract and maintain a player base. I am mainly a programmer and do all of my modeling with studio tools as I am not good with blender. So, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on some features that could make the game more engaging and maybe even more unique! I am open to any sort of suggestion, and I am even fine with criticism of the game itself so I can further improve it!
Game Link

2 Likes

yeah, they are made in paint 3D. I don’t know how to make any professional quality thumbnails at the moment

I am hopping off for the night so I won’t be able to view responses for a bit. If you find any bugs with the game don’t be afraid to report them here too. I am aware of some issues after doing some more testing.

Hello! Your game was very addicting and easy to get the grasp of, here are the things I liked and the things you maybe need to improve on.

The things that are great!

• Description | The description of your game is crucial to ensure your games growth. Some people will base their opinions to play a game on or sometimes solely on the description so great work on that!

• Music | The music is very nice and somewhat relaxing, which is what you would want for a tense competition like scenario which the game immerses you in.

• General Gameplay | As I Stated in my first paragraph I found the gameplay somewhat addicting which is good as it is what keeps your player base stable. As I also stated in my first paragraph the concept of your game is simple and easy to grasp whether it be from the description, spectating (or even playing) some rounds.

Heres what I think you could improve one.

• UI | I think you new this was coming but the UI looks very ugly, the cyan doesn’t fit anything in the game. I recommend you colour it to something in the game, maybe like a dark green? Or you could contrast the area with a grey button. You should also re-do the bag decal as it looks fuzzy and very pixilated in game for some reason. I also recommend using the UI Stroke tool which I think could really make your guis POP.

• What do you do when you lose? | Right I am very bad at obbys and I’m sure its not just me, but I still find them fun as I see them as a challenge to overcome. When you lose in the game you get teleported to the area around it to watch the others compete which I think is nice but if you lose then you have nothing else to do! I think there should be things to do such as an obby or a mini game to do while you wait if you don’t want to watch the others.

Anyway, do remember that these are only my suggestions and you should not take them as everyones opinion. Have a great day! :grinning:

2 Likes

I would have to agree with a majority of people when I say the game is fun. The game has a variety of obbies and the music is nice and fitting. One thing I would simply change is the UI. @Lucaskiller3344 has some good points about UI.

1 Like

The game looks promising, there’s room for improvement of course:

• Like some have said, the UI could use some work. It looks as if it’s stretched out and it just seems kinda dull and not really filled with life. You should try re-designing to something more pleasing and friendly to the eye if that makes sense.

• I’d say to lower the intermission from 30 seconds to 20 as half a minute is a bit too long.

• The map feels a bit too big. I’d have to say to have the areas seperate to where there’s a lobby area and the obby area away from each other in the game’s Workspace.

• It’d be nice to have more stages as there’s currently only like 3 and it felt repetitive after a few minutes and eventually got a bit boring we could say.

This is all i really have to say about the gameplay itself but overall I like the concept very much and just think that these suggestions should be taken into consideration :slight_smile: Best of luck my friend!

1 Like

Hey, I would first like to say thanks for taking the time out of your day to give it a try and give some feedback on it. It also really makes me hopeful for the future of the game when you and others speak nice about the gameplay. I really do appreciate the points for improvement and will spend today addressing them in development. I am always actively trying to learn to create better UI, since as a solo developer I know it’s always one of the weakest points of my games. I think I will try to use UI stroke, cause looking at the examples Tiffblocks shows on the page do look really nice! As for something in the lobby. That was actually already in the works, however unfortunately I ran out of time to make it prior to the post. I also plan to add a spectate system so you can view other players and other things for more interaction! Once again, I really do appreciate taking the time to give some feedback as will actively help me make a better game! :grin:

1 Like

Your welcome about the points for improvement, and I really do mean it when I say your game is promising!

1 Like

Thank you very much for taking the time out to provide some feedback! As addressed in my reply to @Lucaskiller3344, I am always trying to improve my UI, as I don’t own any software to design stuff so it’s hard for me to make good UI. What I may do is look at other UI for inspiration and spice things up with the UI Stroke that @Lucaskiller3344 also linked. Now the intermission has been a bit experimental to get perfect, so I think I will reduce it to 20 seconds and see how that goes. The map size admittedly suffers because it has nothing to do. I plan to change this, which I have already started by including now a leaderboard on a wall of the map. Once I add more interactions in lobby area, if it still feels too big, I will move the lobby and obby areas to be separate. The original idea was simply allow played to watch the game while waiting for the next one to start. Now, if you only encountered 3 different obbies then I need to look at and rewrite my obby generation code. There is currently 17 obbies present that I have made. I am aware of a bug where sometimes the obby that was just used gets used again. I think I will rewrite it to make sure duplicates don’t happen often. Once again, thanks for the feedback!

1 Like