What can you do about dark dex exploiters?

I have worked in some projects and always run into this problem eventually, I cant find a way to access coreGui and cant seem to be able to do anything about this exploit or find a way to kick the exploiters(This exploit allows the hacker to access the game workspace/models/ect) any way i can stop this?

I don’t think there is a way to stop exploiters from copying all of your work.

1 Like

Anything on the client exploiters can take, regardless of whether or not you can access the core GUI.

There are quite a few #help-and-feedback and #resources:community-tutorials topics about this, they’re pretty helpful if you’re looking for more information.

Edit:
There are a lot of people on the forums who don’t exactly know what they’re talking about. Try getting your information from people with knowledge and experience :+1:

1 Like

You can’t. You need to make your game secure by design.

Never use any client-sided anti-cheats or any other security through obscurity mechanisms.

Here is some helpful information: How you should secure your game - A beginner guide for secure networking and developing anticheats

If you want to make sure that your games are harder to leak, put stuff the client should never see to ServerScriptService and ServerStorage.
Also make sure all your functions are

local function THENAME

instead of

function THENAME

same for variables

local VARIABLENAME =

instead of

VARIABLENAME = 

So KEEP ALL VALUES LOCAL!

Also the client can see any ModuleScripts decompiled source code, so if a client shouldnt be able to see a modulescript put it to ServerScriptService or ServerStorage.

3 Likes