What did you guys do when you learned using free models

I am trying to learn to code and I have been doing it for a very long time watching you tube videos but then some people I said I shouldn’t do it that much, so then I heard that you can learn through free models, what are the steps you did to learn the code inside the free model.

example: the first thing I’ll do is look through the code

something like that, I just keep learning it all wrong and I don’t know what to do… So is it ok if you pro developers can help me?

Free Models aren’t very useful as a beginner. You can look at code, but it’ll all look so confusing if you don’t know what anything means. Have you tried the New Roblox Studio Onboarding Experience? I’m sure you’ll find that useful.

2 Likes

… THANK YOU SO MUCH :smiley: I have never heard of this before and this is going to be great! Thanks Dukzae :smiley:

2 Likes

I have to argue on that. They are extremely useful (at least, the ones that are not full of viruses). While making your first game, they provide useful examples. You can look at the way they set up the model, how they incorporated it into their game, and what it can do.

By examining the code, you can learn a ton about how LUA works, just by seeing what they did. By simply looking over it, you are getting a feel for the language. While they may not know what anything means, the code prompts the natural response to learn, to grow and get to know, to problem solve. With great resources like Google, Devforum, and Youtube, you can easily figure out what any part of the code means. Through this process, you slowly figure out coding in general.

As you suggested, there are nice programs like the Onboarding Experience, which are great tools to further teach. In summary though, free models are incredibly useful, for people actually dedicated to learning. They are even nice for those not dedicated (just click a button, and poof, you have an asset in your game). I had to clarify this misconception, as many people think along the lines that free models are bad, but they truly are not.

1 Like

I had NO IDEA how to use studio AT ALL until I tried out https://studioplus.io/en . Consider giving it a shot! You can get really good at making games by following these courses.