What exactly are .C0 and .C1? (Mostly .C0)

Hey, can I get a good explanation of what .C0 and .C1 are? There’s minimal information on these properties and I don’t fully understand what the dev website’s definition is for it.

I just know that .C0 is a property that usually gets manipulated in things like welds and are used for offset/rotation, but I don’t know how to use it, and I know it could be pretty useful for things like moving joints

Can I also get some practical examples of how they are used? (Mostly .C0)

11 Likes

C0 and C1 are exactly what you said it is: the CFrame offset between the two parts in a weld.

C0 is Part0’s offset, C1 is Part1’s offset. So, if I’m remembering right, changing C0 moves Part0, while C1 moves Part1 (I may be wrong on this, I haven’t tested for a while).

40 Likes

Can you give me an example of how to manipulate a .C0 value? Would you just use CFrames?

1 Like

Yeah, you just set it to the distance you want the two parts in the weld to be offset. For example, setting it to CFrame.new(1, 1, 1) should offset them 1 stud from each other on each axis.

11 Likes

Oh wow. Didn’t know it was that simple lol, thanks

The property names are a bit confusing, I can understand why it might not be obvious what it represents. I guess CFrameOffset0 seemed a bit too wordy? I’m not really sure why they’re that way.

13 Likes

how would i find c1 based of off c0

Open a separate thread on your issue