What gets this realism?

Hey pals! This is DarkWatery…
Recently, I was trying to explore Roblox realism through realistic builds. I came across this image with the reflections. Is there a way to get these type of reflections in Roblox Studio, or is it only possible by using a shader/graphics mod like ReShade?
Image credits to ArtBlox.
I do not own this image, nor have I created the build.
If you could help me, I’d be grateful.
Thanks and Regards.

11 Likes

probably Any plugin with Sunray’s feature or GFX in Blender
It might be shaders too

PBR, Physically Based Rendering, it is a method of rendering a more accurate and visually predictable representation of how light acts on the material surface.

Perhaps that’s what you’re looking for. I’m pretty sure it was recently added in studio.

3 Likes

I know what PBR is. However, it’s not possible to get reflections by using SurfaceAppearance. (according to my knowledge)

1 Like

As what I’ve read, you can’t reflect actual objects and characters yet in studio. This reflectancy feel in ArtBlox’s image is probably because it’s wet, and water tends to reflect better than solid matter.

@kosava’s image

2 Likes

How did they add water to the part surface? Is it the water that we use in terrain?

Yeah, terrain water but that’s not really applicable for most situations. Would do best when it’s raining though.

Or if the surface is wet after raining.

I think, ArtBlox has used a shader to get that reflection. In Roblox Studio, the water is never as plain as is depicted by his image…

2 Likes

You pretty much just mess around with lighting, effects, and materials. That’s what I presume at least.

1 Like

I would give you the file, but sadly I deleted it after taking the screenshot. Here is another one though:

ReflectionShowcase.rbxl (44.7 KB)

Notice:

• Graphics settings below 8, removes water reflections which this utilizes. I would therefore recommend not making the part completely transparent, and adding some normal skybox reflection to it.
  • As @36N said, this is not really applicable for most situations and you should make room for the water terrain all the way in the beginning of your building.
3 Likes

Did he said that he made it in studio? Perhaps he made it in studio and made the lighting in another software? Can I get a link to this image? Thanks!

Thank you! This is gonna be useful :happy4:

There aren’t reflections in that image. It looks like that because they used Future lighting (and if you can see, the “reflections” are just areas that look like the reflection of light), so just use PBR, modify the settings, maybe even the material of the mesh, enable future lighting, turn your roblox studio settings to the highest, and add some lights. Hope this helped! :smiley:

Roblox added Indoor reflections, so he most likely used PBR and reflections to make this scene… If you want to use indoor reflections, you need to set the lighting technology to “Future”.