What if someone has an ID to an asset I made

Honestly, it’s not a big deal. Just don’t worry too much about it

Hello

Yes it does create an id, but it isn’t on a public page like Decals. And is very hard to find compared to if the game was being exploited for example.

You shouldn’t worry about it, like stated report them if they do steal with proof that you own it.

Kind Regards

StompyDonut
:roblox: Roblox Beta Tester :roblox:

1 Like

Alright thank you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This only happens for animations.

No, this is not true, anyone can use your assets, even if they’re not free.

Actually, the client DevConsole states every asset ID downloaded for the game.

This would be useless since people could just re-upload the assets.

Then others cannot see them.

You misinterpreted my post. The chances of an exploiter actually taking the time to steal that one texture asset is slim. Of course the assets are downloaded to the client, how else are they supposed to access them?

Never said I agreed with the idea, hence “If you insist”. Thanks, but no thanks.

They can steal it in 2 clicks, it’s no hassle to them and is all within Roblox.

You misunderstood my post again. Stealing a texture asset doesn’t give the exploiter any benefit, which is why chances are low. Most exploiters do what they do to gain a competitive advantage over others. So what if it only takes 2 clicks or even 1 click. The average exploiter won’t steal a texture asset. It happens, but rarely. Which is why it should be of no concern to the OP.

And if it does happen, the worst case scenario is that the texture gets put on the toolbox and it is used by hundreds of other developers. All the exploiter is doing is showing off the work of others at this point. And if this effect is undesirable, a texture is easily replaceable.

What about meshes? They have Asset ID’s also, and by meshes I am talking very complex modeled meshes.

As I stated above:

Meshes, decals, buildings, etc… can all be stolen by exploiters. Every asset the client can see must be downloaded by that client, meaning it is (temporarily) stored on their computer. Which is why you can often find complete maps of popular games in the Toolbox.

However, meshes are stored as files that only Roblox understands, this means they would need to spent extra effort changing the format.

There exists software to rip assets from your games.

Meshes, decals, models all of it can be “stolen”.

In quotes because it’s basically just converting the data that is sent.

You misunderstood as to what were talking about.
We were talking about him uploading a Decal, they can see the decal; not textures. They can on textures unless they take it from a free model with the texture on it.