What is a free effective music Design software?

So, I’ve been wanting to make music on this platform since a couple of weeks but I don’t know any platforms that I should use, and the ones I do know are better than each other in some way? So what do some of you SFX designers out there use?

2 Likes

I think there is an older version of Adobe After effects That is available for free, but I don’t really know.

1 Like

hmmm, not really looking for a post processing/after effects software (Correct me if I am wrong but I think that’s what AE is)

I thought you meant visual effects, I didn’t read the full thing my mistake :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I would say FL Studio is the best to make SFX :slight_smile:
Peace!

1 Like

Though the author requested a free software, using FL Studio’s Trial edition is kind of annoying. You can save your project as a .flp file but then you cannot re-open it.

1 Like

Something like SoundTrap? It provides basic music making tools that can be used for SFX tuning.

(You’re going to want a mic + ways to make said sounds. etc coins to drop, other objects & instruments.)

1 Like

Audacity is a perfect tool for SFX design. It is versatile enough for sound effects and samples, but not enough for music composing.

1 Like

Apologies everyone, it was like 12:00 AM for me and I was being pretty stupid, I meant to say music design software, though I’ve seen some interesting recommendations, I’ll probably check those out.

Plenty: Free Music Composition Resources

2 Likes

This isn’t free, but Adobe Audition is an extremely powerful tool and you can get it along with all of the other apps in the Adobe suite by purchasing a monthly subscription of Adobe Creative Cloud which you can get for extremely cheap if you’re a student