What is a safe way to transfer server-only data from one server script to another?

I wish to transfer a table from one server script to another. However, this table should never be exposed to the clients, and therefore, I cannot use a BindableFunction. I tried to use a module script, but the data does not update on the second script when I do that. Cloning the module also didn’t help.

With that being said, I would appreciate any ideas regarding the issue.

You can use DataStore or _G for global variables

1 Like

Use ModuleScripts instead, not sure why you recommended the DataStoreService since it isn’t necessary for cross-script communication.

You would actually use a specific script architecture to actually transfer between environments.

Something is not clear here, what are you trying to do here?

I think you might be confused about BindableEvents. Only RemoteEvents or RemoteFunctions can go from client > server or server > client. BindableEvents/BindableFunctions are only server > server or client > client, they cannot be accessed by the other in any way.

If you’re that worried, you should just store the BindableEvent/Function inside somewhere like ServerScriptService or ServerStorage where the client can never see into.