What is "network/replicator" under Server Memory?

I increased the max player amount of my game last week by twofold. A little bit afterwards, I started getting reports of an entire server crashing, which is indicative of a memory leak on the server side. Monitoring the server memory in console for an hour, I saw “network/replicator” go up to 1500 MBs, which is almost half of the 4 GB server RAM limit.

I’ve already fixed one memory leak in my scripts, but the problem still persists. I’m trying to pinpoint where the memory leak is, so what is “network/replicator”?

I don’t know a ton about the console names, but it sounds like “network/replicator” is responsible for replicating changes from the server to the client. This would make sense, given that you’ve increased the possible amount of clients to replicate to.

1 Like

Adding onto what @ChipioIndustries said, “network/replicator” is pretty much how much the server is being called on the network and maybe when the server replicates but I know it has something to do with the network for sure. I tested with my custom chat I have and when I spammed the chat the number along with “network/replicator” went up. I will have a video below showing that. I hope this answers your question! :slight_smile:

If you look really closely you can see “network/replicator” going up when I spam the chat.

Edit: Here is a higher quality GIF just you can’t full screen it.
https://gyazo.com/18eedb06c74c2796919428519e3e4e98

3 Likes

@wish_z I recommend marking the solution whenever you have time.

4 Likes