What is RoSync?

Sounds like a malicious plugin.
They can create a group and name the group to some famous developer
so it would look like it’s posted by the actual one but instead it’s by a group.

When I inserted a model my friend had built, it suddenly started getting these obfuscated requires in every part. My only plugins were one I built my self, and a trusted plugin called Roundify.

RoSync can also spread from your friends in TeamCreate. Also the Roundify could be fake. The real one is made by @Stelrex.

Sometimes the plugin creators use a group or similiar name to impersonate the original creator and especially in malicious plugins.

I do not think there is any other method that RoSync uses to spread.

1 Like

It’s a very dangerous script and has harmed many games that I’ve seen, this is probably one of the worst backdoors I’ve seen, beware cause it’s still in some popular plugins, just always check.

RoSync does not seem like a dangerous script anymore as it is quite old but however in couple plugins still. However it can be annoying as it spreads quite easily. I believe the actual serverside that is spreaded through RoSync is not alive anymore.

RoSync can be also removed quite easily. Also you can not really reckon it in the actual game, you must see it in the studio or use a DEX exploit.

Not unless your like me, building a game with over 1k scripts. But besides that It is pretty easy and have died off in the past years. Overall don’t recommend thinking that it’s a nice little line of code that actually saves your data for you.

Last line was just for jokes, lol.

Actually I am a developer for an anti-backdoor. And I am making a game that has so far over 1870 scripts.

RoSync is pretty much not seen in modern games these days as there is new serversides that spread without even the “require” or “getfenv” or anything like that, those are almost undetectable and very dangerous though.

Didn’t know you actually did that, nice to point out.
Thank goodness it’s not really in modern games, just don’t hope that a new virus comes sweeping in.

So wanna get pizza a bit later and talk about code (joke)

Well the new serversides have spreaded pretty much to every popular game now such as Roblox Talent Show is a great example. I have not managed to find the script yet so I have no idea how are they spreading it out. Anyways you can contact me in Discord for help and if you want to talk.

Tiitus#3617 is my Discord.

Alright, I’ll send a request over, should be titled Blevarian.

Yes, I have indeed seen these before.

1 Like

I’ve removed all my plugins that I don’t know are safe but when I open my Roblox folder one is still there (not installed plugins just the Roblox folder) anyone know how to get rid if it?

1 Like

No wonder why. A different plugin made by the same group is in my plugins list.

Could you elaborate/send screenshots on what exactly your issue is?

So you know how there is the installed plugins folder, and it’s all the codes for the plugins, etc? When I go into the Roblox folder (what the installed plugins folder is in) the folder for the plug-in is there, even though I deleted it. I checked for another file everywhere, however there is nothing. It isn’t even affecting anything on the pc, it’s just there, taunting me :eyes:

I’ve followed your steps and have found no folder for my deleted plugins. So, I’d recommend just deleting the folder if it’s just taunting you.

I did, multiple times, every time I reopen studio it’s there again. I guess I’ll just leave it for now and hope for the best.

Roblox keeps an install of all your plugins, even if they’ve been deactivated. Dont worry though, they cant run unless you tell them to inside Roblox.

1 Like

Then how is it duplicating from nowhere?

Plugins by fishy author names such as ‘BestPlugins’ you always want to avoid.

A group that I’ve seen adding RoSync to all their plugins is ‘Creator Studio’, avoid things like that. For all plugins you install, I would recommend doing a reasonable amount of research on the author of the plugin.

1 Like