What is the best way to update your games?

Hey all,

Planning on releasing an update for my game but I don’t really want to shut down and lose a ton of players. How do you go about releasing game updates @top developers?

Thanks everyone!

New_Item

(if this is in the wrong forum section please move it, I could not find another section to match this topic)

1 Like

If I’m correct, Roblox created a new feature recently that lets players reconnect in the event of a shutdown through a window that appears on the end of the game. I’d research that in update notes to double check!

1 Like

Yeah that show’s up now but they are having so many server issues it is hard to tell if it is worth it to shut down the game.

I would wait until server issues are fixed, likely today I would say

Maybe look into this plugin?

1 Like

Ironically, in order to implement the soft shutdown plugin-thing, they would have to shutdown the servers anyway. For future updates though… Great idea. :smile:

I did notice that, haha. That is a good future reference, but for now, unfortunately, waiting is all you can do.

1 Like

You could update servers and let old ones fizzle out, or use a soft shutdown script.

Yes this is the wrong section but I don’t believe you can post to the right one as a New Member. The replies wouldn’t be able to go public either since those categories are only available to members. The topic is #development-discussion.

I personally use a soft shutdown script for my games as it will rejoin all my players to an updated server without requiring them to rejoin, trying to find an updated server.
(I suggest the script linked by @CheekySquid)

1 Like