What should I do?

This post is for gathering opinions or thoughts on what I should do. Also, I am not sure if I am on the right category for this.

Picture

This is what I found looking through my old files in my flash drive. It was supposed to be a hotel I started building about an year ago. From I can remember, I did not have any inspiration or any models I can use to build it.

The hotel I was talking about was for an abandoned group that I made called Britain Hotels. It was an idea I had until I realized how unsuccessful it will be and how I may be able to manage it at the time.

With that being said, I am working on another hotel project in which this time, I am being more considerate on this. The question is, what should I do with this project?

Actually, here’s a better question: what should I do to make myself more into completing my projects? Most of the stuff I built in Roblox never gets completed over time. The only time I’ve completed a build was an airport I’ve made in 2015, which is really ugly if you ask me.

1 Like

You could do a Girl’s hotel? or maybe another Hotel… a Disco? there are many possibilities

1 Like

You should make a new one.

This is too outdated and incomplete to really use for anything

1 Like

There has been a post in the area of not completing things recently which talked about developers, like myself, who always look forward to their next projects rather than their current one. It also covered what you can do to get yourself out of the habit. It might help reading it just to see if this is the problem in your case.

The shiny object syndrome and you: How to interrupt the cycle

3 Likes

I understand you are a builder and tend to lose your motivation in your building easily. It’s okay! Most of us start out that way, but try this, make small detailed or low poly or cartoon or whatever type of building you want to make, start small, post it on the Dev Forum and ask for feedback, people who tell you that your work is good will inspire you more, so will the ones that suggest edit, which you would hopefully try and learn from mistakes, eventually you get to the point you know a lot more and can start making profit off selling assets or some of your work to people or groups. You could even use your work in a portfolio to get out there.

To summarise, I suggest you start small and work your way up. Get feedback off builds In the dev forum and learn from mistakes, eventually you’ll see your progress and want to do more.
Goodluck, I hope this has helped.

2 Likes

My personal opinion, have about two projects that you find yourself serious about wanting to complete. This allows you to not get worn out by just working non-stop on one project. I tend to keep myself going with two projects at a time, this allows me to change pace when I feel like it.

Also, keep yourself from being worn out. Don’t let yourself make developing seem dreadful by causing a burnout.

I found this to be a quite well-written post with some good incite.

Overcoming Burnout

2 Likes

Thank you guys for the tips. I really want to pursue on becoming a big Roblox developer to the point I’d be invited to join RDC and make a living making things for Roblox.

3 Likes