What would be best for story building in my game?

Hello fellow devs!
Recently i have been working on a full fledged release for roblox,
I understand i am knew to developing but this will be a learning experience for me,
Anyways I am making a game that is going to include, Plot, a storyline, and a Lore, This game will not relate towards game like, field trip Z or Break in, Basically the game will build up every time something new is updated to the game such as chapters similar to full fledged indie game releases like fnaf or on roblox piggy, The game is not…( and i state this clearly) Not going to be another piggy ripoff, Despite all of this i am trying to figure out how i should organize things and how i should play it out to keep players interested and not bored in the deep story of the game,
Typically i want to provide an experience on roblox for people to be interested in so eventually some day i can roll out full fledged game releases on roblox and soon professional platforms such as steam etc, This post is directed towards feedback, so i would like to here from the readers of this post!
Thanks a ton for sticking with me and this post XD :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This post would fall under #help-and-feedback:game-design-support

Discussion is meant to discuss development on Roblox, not feedback for your game concept / help.

1 Like

If your a new developer, I recommend working on something more simple, such as making a simulator for now.

There’s so much to learn about developing that can make your life so much easier in the long run.

You can do what you want, but make sure you don’t quit.

Thanks a ton!
Im not exactly new to developing but i have done quite a good amount of tutorials and this game that i am making will pretty much educate me on the basics( not really ive already done some scripting before) of scripting and approach these functions for my game one bit at a time, Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

That’s great that you’ve read several tutorials, but the real scripting begins when no tutorials have what your trying to create.

Good luck on your programming journey :grinning:

1 Like

Yea i can totally agree but its going quite well actually the game will for sure be a worthy challenge :smiley:

I recently made a tutorial regarding this topic. Why not take a look?

1 Like

Sorry for not responding earlier than I could’ve!
I will definitely check it out!

Now final future isn’t going to be a Camping I’m marathon it will have numerous updates regarding the storyline similar to how minitoon has done with piggy but final future will be completely different so yes final future will have a chapter system, and it won’t be a copycat game :smiley: anyways sorry for sounding kinda negative I hate having to sound negative so please forgive me, final future is completely inspired by me and isn’t turning something into something so final future will be unique and very interesting to play and decode the lore, I still have to write out everything to begin the game and such but final future is now ready to start!
Anyways yea :3

I’m not accusing you of being a copycat—don’t fret. I was simply giving tips on how you could make your unique storyline.

1 Like

Sorry for the late response!
No Its fine! :slight_smile: I know your not accusing me of being a copycat, Yes final future will have similar gameplay elements towards piggy but ill figure out to provide different challenges in each chapter, So some chapters will have gameplay elements similar to piggy but not enough to be a ripoff, So dont worry I am working hard to make final future a unique game on roblox, Something ill try to implement is a phone or communication devise where you can press a button to talk to the person across the line during chapters, I dont want to reveal its function for some people who read this post will directly steal it,
Anyways,
Thanks a ton for the feedback!
:smiley: